Girlfriend wants to settle down, but I don't?

I am a 21-year-old Indian college student in the U. S. (born in '94 and raised here since '97). My girlfriend is an Indonesian immigrant since 2007. We have been dating for 2 years. Unfortunately, she wants to settle down with me and get married and have kids. But, I am not willing to do so for the following reasons.

1. I am in a time consuming major and in a coed frat, so we rarely see each other.
2. I wish to focus on my studies and finish grad school and get a job, THEN get married and all that shit.
3. I still enjoy hanging out with friends and know that I will not get time after college due to work and marriage.
4. I want to enjoy a life of travel and spend money on things like a nice car and PS4/Xbox One.
5. I have female friends that I hang out with and I cannot do so if I get married.
6. I cheated on her a few days ago, but still love her.
7. i want to live life and meet new people.
8. I am not ready for any responsibility.
9. She is my first (I am her first too) and want to date more people and have more sexual partners.
10. She is very close to her family and I hate mine.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't even deserve a girlfriend if you're going to cheat. It's one thing not to feel ready to get married but another to be a cheater.

Oh please... don't make me laugh.

• 9. She is my first (I am her first too) and want to date more people and have more sexual partners.
      Says the cheater.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol, I love how you just slipped in that you cheated on her as if it was no big deal, wow. And I'm also confused on 9. If you are in a relationship anyway you shouldn't be having anymore partners during that time, unless your saying that you want to take a break in your relationship. Basically, in other words, she probably deserves someone a lot better than you right now.

What Girls Said 4

• It definitely sounds as if you are not ready for a commitment like that. The fact that you cheated on her and want to have more sexual partners is enough without all of the other factors. I think you need to be honest with her and break it off. You are not doing her any favors staying with her if you already cheated. I doubt she is going to be okay with you seeing other people if she is ready for a commitment such as marriage.

• You're way too young.

• MoveOn you are entirely right and this girl wants to settle down because that's her culture. You sound like a very intelligent guy who was way too young to get married. Forget her MoveOn too many fish in the sea

• Woah woah woah, just leave her if you're not willing to be faithful to your girlfriend. She deserves better.

What Guys Said 0