What's your definition of "clingy" and "needy"?

I'm just wondering what's considered to be clingy and needy to a guy, since I feel there's a fine line between that and showing someone you care, and I want to make sure I'm not crossing it!

Most Helpful Guy

• hanging and holding onto the guy or girl and is always is demanding to be close or forceful to be precisely with the guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Neediness and clinginess are synonymous in my opinion. I find someone to be clingy when they literately cling to another like a child who is lost without constant affection and attention. Neediness to me is when someone is very needy when it comes to another person's time, space, warmth, care, and overall presence. This usually happens when you are the highlight of someone's day all day every day. So God forbid something comes up and you can't call or text them back within a certain amount of time, they have a mental breakdown and feel rejected.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• If I was dating someone, I'd love for him to be clingy. We could be attached hip to hip as long as he gives me some "me time" during that 1 week of the month when my period is on lol.

Neediness is not cute though. I'd probably snap on him.

• I feel like needy is more of like you can't live with out someone like he has to be texting you every minute kind of thing, like you need your own independence
    clingy is pretty similar, not sure how to explain my views on that
    like not letting him have time for himself, not letting him have time for his friends, being all over him in public when he doesn't like it, something like that

• My question always is who isn't clingy or needy? They just trying to make someone as an example to ignore so that they can get more attention