Why is it so hard for guys to tell what they feel?

I saw this guy at work. Then I met him through my best friends boyfriend. They are best friends in a band together. We became friends on MySpace and start messaging each other every day for like 4 months and I go to all his shows. We stop messaging through MySpace and start IM'ing at work everyday and texting on some weekends. We talk about our families, our problems. Get advice from each other. We hang out with groups, go to movies. We flirt through IM, text, in person. He tell his friends he likes me & his best friend always tell me that & I tell my friends the same. We've been friends for over a year. Non of us are dating anyone. He always hints that he want to ask me out. But it's been a year he still hasn't. All our friends think we need to get this over with. But I just don't know what I have to do to him to ask me out. I just wanna know. Otherwise I need to move on. Help me ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I just cannot quite wrap my mind around why he would be hesitating so long in asking you out. He may like you as a friend and not want to risk losing that by trying to date. To me you've known each other too long and well for him to be scared to ask you out. Knowing him this long, it would be fine to actually ask him about this. I would find a time that you two are alone (and in person, not IM), and tell him you are not sure what is going on between the two of you. Keep it simple and just tell him that you enjoy the friendship but it seems like there is more there than just friendship but he hasn't asked you out and you are confused.

I know, this may seem too risky to you or just not something you are comfortable with but if you don't do something along these lines, this could continue for quite some time. The only other shot would be to enlist your best friend to slip a message that you would love to go on a date with him and see if he then asks you out.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe its time you force the issue. It doesn't sound like you are too happy that this is continuous. Sure, you are enjoying it, but you want more out of this. You want a relationship. You should bring it up to his attention the idea of being in a relationship. You might just get an answer like "I like what we are" because you guys have been doing this too long and maybe a relationship will mess the chemistry up. Sorry.

What Girls Said 1

• simply because most guys aren't emotional people. Some actually think that if you are really emotional than your gay. lol.