Do White men who are attracted to Black women Actually Take us Seriously or is it more of a "fad", "fetish", or "curiosity"?

Please no hateful answers/comments.
It seems to me that there is now a rise of interracial dating among black women and white men. However, I'm wondering if the interest that white men have for black women is for the right reasons...
I am aware that any man, regardless if race, can date for sex and sex only. It seems to me though, that there are plenty of White men who want to "try" or "date" a black women but few white men who would marry, take home and introduce to family a Black woman...
Also, it seems as though White men prefer to date women with stereotypical white characteristics rather than African American traits (i. e. atheletic" bodies and not "curvy or thick" bodies), why is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• While I'm not single, if I were, I'd be open and interested in dating black women (or any other group). I would be no more or less likely to want a serious vs. casual relationship with a black woman than a white one. I'd have no problem introducing a black woman i wanted to marry to friends or family.

I would agree with your last point - I'd be looking for the exact same body shape regardless of the woman's ethnicity. That's specifically because I -don't- view black women as a fetish with some specific imagined traits (thick bodies). I like women with certain builds. Some women who are white, some women who are black, some women who are Asian, etc, i find attractive. But I don't change what I'm looking for based on her skin tone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know a lot of black women with bangin bods!

There are a lot of guys who want to try out a lot of variety - be it different races, different body shapes, different hair colors, different social types, etc. I think every woman has had a guy want to sleep with her because he'd never been with someone who had: huge boobs, long legs, red hair, goth eyeliner, pigtails, a degree, a foreign accent, and so on.

BUT, if you take it slow and make sure guys take the time to get to know you, you can weed these novelty seekers out. They usually have short attention spans.

What Guys Said 15

• Honestly, I'd say white men who date black fall into one of three categories.

1. Men who are just fine dating whatever race, for whatever reason. Have zero racial preference.
    2. Curious guys who just want to try it.
    3. Guys who realize that because of way things are, they can get a black girlfriend a lot easier than a white one. (same with some white guys who date asian)

• Well I have never dated a black women, I have to admit i want to for curiosities sake. However I wouldn't JUST for that reason. It would be like dating anyone else, but with a bonus. I think most guys looking for a relationship would say the same. But most guys, especially younger are after sex, so Id say its those same guys who also want to "try" a black women.

• I don't understand how you stereotype black women are curvaceous and thick when there are plenty of black women around the globe with slender, petite figures.

White people culture and Black people culture is different; White dudes, on average, like thinner women whereas Black dudes, on average, enjoy a thick bitch. Why is this? I don't know since I'm not black, but I can definitely say that I know more black dudes who won't turn their nose up to fat women than I know white guys who won't.

As far as the 'trying a black woman out' part, that's typically how you introduce yourself to anything new, is it not? I get that we're all human and that you're still just a woman, but realistically people have different cultures with different mannerisms and different expectations and different views of life. I wasn't born liking coffee, I had to try it first before I could know if I liked it or not, and the same goes for people who aren't part of the same culture.. how are they supposed to know if they're culturally compatible if they don't have the 'try out' mentality?

I'm sure some people subscribe to the Jezebel fetish, but I also feel like anyone who is dating/married would be committing for a more solid reason than the 'black women are more sexual' stereotype, and at that point all the dude's hitting and quitting black women for this stereotype don't matter since they'd do it to any other girl. As far as bringing a black woman home to meet momma, I feel that's completely dependent on the region, and is pretty self explanatory.

My advice is to drop the defenses and paranoia and just date without questioning 'why'. Being paranoid about issues like these is doing nothing to help 'race relations', and though I understand why Americans are like this, it's still silly as shit.

• i think with all things there are those who date to to supeficial reasons and those who are genuine.

i think it happens in dating of all races interracial and/or intraracial (not a real word but intra is a prefix for within)

• You can say the same thing about black women. Are they dating white guys for the right reasons? There are men like you describe, white guys that want to have sex with a black woman because they've got some warped fetish or want to see if the stereotype is true (apparently black women are better in bed than white women). Then there are white men who are just genuine guys who don't care about race, who happen to find a particular black woman attractive and like her personality, the feeling is mutual and they date. You have to filter out the good men from the bad.

Since when was thick bodies synonymous with all black women? Somalians are not known for their thick bodies, in fact most of them tend to slim and slender. Black women come in all different shapes and sizes and white men being individual people will like thick and curvy one's, overweight one's and skinny one's, it depends on the guy.

• I find black women attractive, and it has nothing do with fetishizing, it's just some are attractive.

• I cannot speak for other Caucasian males, but I wouldn't date a person because of a fad, fetish or curiosity. If a woman and I click on an emotional and physical level then I would want to date them, regardless of their skin color. I find all skin tones and colors attractive and also the features specific to ones ethnicity. As long as we clicked on the emotional level and she was a good person I'd date her no matter if she was Nigerian, German, Phillapino etc...

• By definition, a fetish is something you have a strong attraction, so any physical attraction could be called a fetish, even a white guy/white girl.

I dated a black girl in high school. She was quite possibly the coolest, prettiest girl I've EVER dated with the exception of my wife.

• I agree with you Steve on the relativity of the fetish thing...
      I'm just kind of trying to figure out how to take these "attractions"..

• To be honest, I only see the woman, the colour, creed, religion, or anything else never enters my mind

• It's always hard to tell, but I think actions always speak louder than words. That goes for any woman. I loved my ex wife very much, but after 4 years it just wasn't working out any more. So yeah, some of us are legit when we say we love you.

• Whoa you're pretty.

I think it can be a fetish, but not always.

• How can you tell which times there is a genuine interest?

• I really don't know other than maybe just see how that person treats you. I believe that usually when people have fetishes for a certain race it's mostly a sexual matter. Meaning they probably wouldn't want anything that's committed or long term. Then again some might prefer a certain race for dating and should that still be considered a fetish? I'm not sure considering how I don't have a fetish for anyone. I guess I feel your pain, but I usually just take the "I only date people of this race" as meaning it's a fetish.

• Sometimes people go through stages, out of curiosity, but there are definitely white guys who naturally prefer black women. I'm white and haven't dated a white women in years. Black women are the most attractive to me.

• i like all color pussay

• So we're not allowed to post opinions that differ from yours?

• I asked this question to get the opinion from others, I have not posted an opinion, I posed a question and stated what my experiences have been in dating interracially.
      I don't mind if someone has a different viewpoint... I just don't want this to turn into an ugly social media argument amongst those who respond.
      I would not ask a question if not to get an honest answer, so shoot.

• I'm a white guy who loves black women. I totally take them seroiusly

What Girls Said 2

• I'm very cautious when it comes to dating white men because I know some white men can be racist to non whites and still date non white women for sex only

• I think it's more a fetisch or curiosity