Is it weird if your boyfriend is skinnier than you although he's a little taller?

I'm a 19 year old college girl. My boyfriend is 20 but he's skinnier than me. We get along great but sometimes I don't know if it bothers me or if I'm just worried about what others think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Skinnier meaning weighs less? It's a little weird but if he's only a little taller it's not that big of a deal: girls have more body fat than guys and unless he has some muscle it's not surprising that if you're almost the same height you might weigh more.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal, women naturally carrying more weight since we're meant to carry babies and all, men don't typically have this issue.

• *women naturally carry more fat

• Yeah women have like 10% more bodyfat but men have more muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Men are generally heavier for this reason. Also they're taller with denser bones.

What Guys Said 9

• If it bothered him he wouldn't have gotten with you. He's attracted to the way you look. It's not weird.

• I was in a relationship like that. It was fine was 26 months. I dumped her, but it wasn't because of her weight. I still think about her al ot and often jack it to her.

• Your just worried by what others think. Slim guys are hot. I say this as a slim guy. Lol If you like him, you will get over it.

• Very common. Nothing to worry about. I had a skinny friend who always went for fat girls. His Dad threatened to put a scale by the door and turn away the Jumbo's.

• he's still 20, got lots of time to get in shape.

• That is normal.

• Ok but in a general sense, who's bigger u or him?

• In a general sense, he's bigger taller but I'm sorta plump, so... yeah. That.

• It would only be weird if he was smaller than u, like if it looked like he couldn't handle u

But either way, people can get over weird

• You either like him or you don't. Anything else is nonsense.

• no I'd say that was fairly common and something I've seen before

What Girls Said 11

• No it's not weird. Women are supposed to have curves! We're squishier is what a guy told me once! Lol

• I would be werid about it at first and then proceeded to kiss him! hahah

• haha girl that's totally not a big deal! :p

• That's great! Thanks for your input

• I feel like my boyfriend is skinnier than me too (I'm 19 and he's 21) but because I'm also a small person and he's a good head taller than me, no one really thinks it's weird. We're just both slim people. Don't worry so much about what others think, anyway. It's how you feel that really matters.

• My boyfriend is lighter than me, but neither of us is skinny, by any means, so it doesn't bother me.

• Depends on what you mean by skinnier? So does he weigh less?

• I would think he does. His arms are thinner than mine, I'm probably 3-4 inches shorter

• Tbh, yeah its "weird", but that doesn't make it bad, nor does it mean anything

• I dont think it is but I have a friend who does. The only things that mater in love is what is in the heart.

• LOL it's fine you should be GLAD he tall and skinny nd don't worry about your own weight because trust me EVERY girl is gorgeous just flaunt it.

• I would tell yes because I'm 120 lbs so it will be strange if it was more skinnier than me.

• So you're fat?

• I wanted to ask the exact question hahah