Is texting another guy cheating?

Is texting an old friend (that I have slept with) while I have a boyfriend considered cheating? I love my boyfriend but I really love taking to this guy. I don't want to break up with my boyfriend, I just enjoy taking to the other guy. Is this wrong of me? And yes, if my boyfriend knew he would not be very happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it is absolutely wrong. It is cheating..

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like this guy you'r talking to might be a potential love interest even though you might deny it. he could end up very well becoming your plan B guy. I don't know anything about your current relationship but just texting this guy is not considered cheating unless you are both flirting here and there.

I found out my husband was recently still in contact with the girl he cheated on me with last year. he texted her whenever he wanted because he memorized her number by heart and deleted the text before he got home. I was extremely angry about it because i honestly hate her for knowing all about me and fucking my man anyways. He supposedly ended his contact with her which i call B. S because he said he loves talking to her and that she's like a best friend, that she thinks like him and makes him laugh. I believe he's secretly waiting for her to turn 17/18 so they can finally be together legally but hey thats my problem.

If i was in ur mans shoes and found out i would be uncomfortable because i wouldn't know what your true intentions are with your old friend. you should consider if your not fully happy in ur current relationship or if you wish you done more with this old friend of yours.

• @Wiseladyyoung I'm really sorry you were cheated on. I'm not going to judge you when it comes to still calling this man your husband who not only cheated on you but cheated on you with a minor... hope you the best.

• @Wiseladyyoung Oh, so both of you cheated. Well, hope you guys stay together.

• @DBAOracle it was an experience that i learned from, even if we dont stay together forever (we're still young and growing) i know i value loyalty now and honesty. i can say i grew from it and learned the consequences first hand so i'm able to give the advice i wish i had in that situation to other people if they want it. Even the the experiences were pretty shitty there were valuable lessons learned.

What Guys Said 8

• If your having to hide the fact that you are texting / talking to another guy from your BF/ girlfriend then yes it would be considered cheating. It's deceiving your partner /SO.

• If you are doing it behind your boyfriends back and you "love" doing it, its pushing the envelope. Talk to your boyfriend and see how he feels. If he's really not happy, you can choose to either break up with him (be it because he's overly jealous or because you vallue your little chats more) or you can not make those texts.
    Does he have a reason to be suspicious? Why is he deffensive?

• Yikes normally I would say it doesn't matter but this is a guy you've slept with in the past. I don't think any girlfriend of mine would be happy if I was talking to a girl I boned in the past..

People can and should have opposite gender friends while in a relationship though. I know I'm not dropping my female friends when I get a girlfriend.

• That's the problem that your boyfriend would not see it as innocent. If your just friends with the guy and it is only normal chat then its probably ok but (boyfriend still wouldn't see past it) if its flirty then it is wrong.

• It isn't cheating untill u swallow

• What do you think @MissNoWhere

• If he's just a friend and there's no romantic/sexual intentions AT ALL - no.

• Not cheating, but just be aware that it might lead to cheating

What Girls Said 5

• If you see the need to ask this question... you know it's wrong. Quit being a slut and keep the level of physical and mental fidelity the same between the both of you, or else just break it off.

• If you hadn't slept with him then no, it wouldn't be cheating. But obviously he's good enough to sleep with and got you in bed before so who's to say he won't do it again?

• If you have to hide it...

• It depends on how you are talking to him. If it has the potential of becoming anything more than just a casual hi, then it's toxic. I have been in this situation.

• i sometimes text my ex and he texts me, but my boyfriend knows so its not like im hiding anything from him. and i did tell him that this guy wanted to see me over the break and he was fine until i told him that the guy wanted to hook up. so in my case, i have no guilt because I've been honest about this other guy since day one. but by you not telling your boyfriend you are sorta crossing a line