Any demisexuals on here? Anyone here even know what that is?

For me, there's no such thing as a "friendzone". That's my dating pool.
I've never become sexually interested in someone until after we've gotten to know each other for a while (I mean, several months at least). I'm not against sex, I don't think it's morally wrong. I've just never physically felt even a tiny bit of sexual interest in any stranger or acquaintance. And that's what it means to be demisexual.

I really want a relationship, but it feels like I can't have one. Some guys will be friendly toward me, and might be interested in a relationship, while I'm still just trying to explore our friendship and get to know them. By the time I start feeling interested romantically, they already think they've been "friendzoned", or they've moved on from me.
If I try to move toward a relationship while they're still interested and we're not close friends yet, they'll start trying to do normal things, like kiss. I don't mind, but I have no urge to kiss them yet. When I don't respond much, or am not interested in doing something as simple as kissing, they think I'm rejecting them or not attracted to them.

If you're demisexual: what's your experience with this sort of thing?
If you're not demisexual, what are your thoughts? How would you respond to a friend suddenly expressing interest in you? Or a romantic relationship starting of much slower than usual?

What Guys Said 1

• God its like I take a nap and when I wake up, There's one new sexuality category

• That answers the second question, anyway. xD

What Girls Said 0