Guys, how would you respond if a girl asked you out? Is emasculating for men?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not emasculating it makes us self conscious. Men are problem-solvers by nature so many times if you ask us out you've solved the problem of "I gotta find the right time to ask her out." Our response is one of shock. You short-circuit us when you show us the truth. Any time is a good time to come out with it and take what we want. You don't emasculate us. We choose to emasculate ourselves.

Men with low self-esteem choose to feel emasculated and antagonized when they encounter the unexpected. These men are self-absorbed and paranoid. They think that dating is some kind of competition or war game and they feel one-upped and overshadowed by the woman. Dating is a collaborative effort. Dating is not a zero-sum game where the man wins and you lose when he "makes" you give him his number. Not to mention these men feel impostor's guilt. They tend to feel unworthy as the relationship progresses and you get to see the whole version of themselves. They fear you will upgrade to a better man, in fact the guy sees you leaving him as inevitable. The last thing the guy wants is to be with a woman who takes the initiative to ask the man she fancies out. In his mind he can't stop such a woman from upgrading should he fail to live up to your expectations. This is the main reason why men will balk at the situation when a woman asks him out. This is the reason why the guy will get suspicious, controlling and jealous early into relationships created by the woman's proactivity. Not all men mind, however.

Men with healthy self-esteem use the unexpected as a chance to take some time out for introspection and to learn the lessons that women, and all other human beings for that matter, give us.

Also there's the final possibility that we aren't into you. And we men are less deft at putting someone down gently or at all. Most of us pretend not to see the woman's advances and we either hope you go away or the more opportunistic men will even encourage your advances because it strokes the ego or because the woman will nurture the man. Such men have unhealthy mother-attachments and will use girls as mother fill-ins, a girl in such a role is expendable to such a man. And rest assured if you can't fill that role because one of you is away or out of town or because you're fulfilling your responsibilities at home, work or school... such a man is getting some other girl to be his mother stand in. I say mother stand-in but it's really nanny stand-in. These men don't love. They're needy

• I think humans in general have natural proclivity towards problem solving.. essential to survival.

• Anyhow, sex aside, i agreed with your points:)

• @Azara I feel you. Your argument adequately defines the limitations of my argument. I appreciate your conciseness and precision. I tip my cap to you Miss :)

Most Helpful Girl

• They would feel happy!

What Guys Said 18

• All the best ones will ask the guy out if they like him, since a lot of guys are nervous about approaching girls in the traditional way. That's such a minefield these days, and the smart girls know it, and will come to talk to the guy!!!

• Thanks for your opinion. This helps a lot. I have been toying with asking him out when the time is right. We work together, and although he flirts with me and comes to see me for no good reason, I think he is affraid to ask me out because of all of the potential sexual harrasment risks. But I am going to go for it when the opportunity arises.

• Yes, right.  A lot of guys are never going
      to ask a co worker out these days, as
      you say, because of the ones who will
      try to use it against you.

• Assuming I wasn't married, or in a relationship, I'd be game for anything.

Asking me out isn't emasculating, it's flattering.

• Not emasculating!!

• I would LOVE it (assuming I'm interested in the girl)

I'm super shy irl... no one believes it here but I definitely am.

• I'd just be cool with it. I don't think it's emasculating at all.

• If a girl asking you out is "emasculating" you have some serious insecurity issues.

• I would sincerely love that! Such girls are needed in this world..

• I think that's a great thing for girls to take the initiative and ask guys out. And no, I don't think there's anything emasculating about it. That's just silly.

• no it's not emasculating. i like a girl who is forward enough to approach me... plus it's flattering

• I'd scream "yes".

• I personally would feel honoured :D.

• On the contrary, I'd be extremely flattered and probably overawed by the event.

• It wouldn't be emasculating at all, I'd love it.

• I would be flattered.

• If you asked me out I'd say no. For your own good. And then go home and cry from being stripped of my manliness.

• Sarcasm? I sure hope so. Lol

• If I was on the " market "would be very flattering , the vast majority of men never get any positive attention from women. You ladies will NEVER receive a negative response from a man if you approach as this is so rare & flattering , reverse the genders then that's a very different story !!!

• Its really weird because it really catches you off guard?

• Emascuwhaz?

I would be happy about it. Even more if there is some attraction

What Girls Said 3

• I think most guys would feel flattered. Not many girls have the guts to ask a guy out. When I've asked out they have kindly rejected me or going out lol

It's cute to see how guys reject XD they get all nervous

• no it s not.
    do it

• I asked someone out recently and he has been very unclear about the answer. I don't think I will ask someone out again. That's just the truth.

• I'm sorry to hear that. Its hard to put yourself out there. I am terrified to do it. Maybe with the person you asked out it was bad timing? You never know what people have going on in their lives.