Can you fall in love without being in a relationship with someone first?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (Please specify)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah it happens all the time to people

• It is my belief that most people mistake love for 'being vaguely happy, content, attracted to their partner'. in my opinion that is a far cry from true, crazy love. You can only be 'in love' if they feel it too, being in love is not a one way feeling, it's a connection that you share with that person, the electricity and magnetic effect that makes you feel angry and sick when you are apart. When you would walk 7 hours barefoot in the snow just so you can hug them for 5 minutes and then walk home again, that's love.
    If it's not mutual then you arnt in love, you are wishful thinking, and lusting.

• Non mutual love is called unrequitted love

• Love at first sight?

• Not at first sight, but gradually over time seeing them a lot?

• Yeah, I call that infatuation. It'll subside.

• Sure it's been done and it's certainly possible but it's not common.

• definitely.

love is how u imagine someone to be. if the feeling isn't mutual then its called obsession.

• by the way dont come at me with that unrequited love shit. im showing how little someone has to know the other for love to still fester. think celebrity stalkers.

• Definitely! For example best friends. It's easy to fall in love.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, you totally can.
    Not always love is requited.

• i fell in love with someone before he asked me to be his girlfriend. we ended up in a long distance relationship. the 24th marks a year with this guy, and he broke up with me over text last night. leaving me pathetically in love with someone who doesn't want me anymore. so try to avoid the "toxic love"

• I would have to love him before engaging in a relationship with him, so yeah... However I can't love a guy I just met or talked to a couple of times. We have to know each other a lot.