My girlfriend is only 16!!! Help?

I've been dating a girl now for 1 month. When we met she told me she was 19 and I believed her. Well yesterday she told me she was really 16!! I asked why she lied and she said I wouldn't like her if I knew her real age. Should I break up with her? I love her so much and 16 is legal in my country. I'm not sure what to do about her

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if 16 is the legal age of of majority in your country (like if you have sex with her then it won't be statutory rape), then I don't think there's a problem. But she still lied to you though. That's a red flag to me, like what else is she lying about? That's what I'd be wondering. I don't think it's a good idea to continue dating someone who bases the relationship on a lie.

• Yes we've had sex already, but I dont think I can date a girl who lies. You're right, she might be lying about many other things. She told me she won't lie again if I continue to date her. Should I continue our relationship, or break up with her knowing she might lie again?

• Small lies will come up in every relationship because no one is perfect, but lying about age is a big lie. So it's up to you.

Most Helpful Guy

• So you're 31, dating a woman you thought was 19, and now you're upset because she's really 16? You shouldn't have been dating such a young girl to begin with.

What Girls Said 12

• Duh. Of course you should break up with her. Your relationship was built on a lie. She knew what she did was wrong when she was doing it. So should you really be trying to continue a relationship with a *child* that lies?

• *Summons Chris Hansen once again.* Just because something's "legal" doesn't mean it's right. Alcohol and getting drunk is legal, but it doesn't mean you should consume it/over dose on it. Especially since it comes with doing something illegal if you make one wrong move.
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../143712jm1.jpg

• If it's legal then it's not pedophilia. Chris Hansen loses this time. I didn't actively seek out a 16 year old for sex. She happened to be 16, which I originally thought she was 19. If we love each other, then what's the harm?

• The harm is that she's still a minor and not a legal adult, and her parents can also take action when they find out and have your ass lock up. Christ Hansen is still on the field and he's watching for you.

• well if celebrities can openly marry people with age differnet of 30 years than why can't u date?

• No judging.. Just loving and missing 😟 @beautiful_secret_

• Maybe she already lied to yo again, Maybe she is only 15.

• Well, considering you are 31. I think you should. And considering she lied to you about this, yes I think you should.

• 16 might be legal in your country but have fun dealing with her parents! ( Im sure there not too happy she dating a much older man) I think 16 is too young you dont know yourself or make smart decisions at 16. i think it you trul 'Loved" her you would wait a few more years till she mentally and possibly physically matured...

• She should know that it's not about you liking her or not. It's more about you not going to jail for dating someone younger.

I think you should break up with her. Though if you do that she might become so upse. Then try to get you in trouble with the law by lying about things you did.

• If it legal and you love each other I don't see where is the problem. She lied yes but she tell you the thrut fast so it's not a big deal.

• Thanks Claire12. I just want to make sure she doesn't lie again if I continue to date this girl. We both love each other a lot. I just don't want to find out that she might cheat on me at some point or she might hide more lies from me.

• You should break up with her without hesitation. It's awkward. It's like she is a baby and you're her daddy.

• She is underage! Ask her to get back to you when she is legal!.

• If it's legal there is no problem? She is a child and there is big age disparity even she is 19

• She is very mature for her age and she acts at least 20. I think breaking up with her just because of her age would leave her angry and depressed...

• Maybe but you should do whats right for you even she angry or depressed

• If its legal go for it. I'm currently in love with a guy 15 years older.. it only really matters how you feel if you're all legally old enough.

• It's obvious that you are not going to dump her, even though you should for her lying to you.

What Guys Said 12

• You dun goofed man. Cops on their way lol I hope you like orange LMAO

• If it's legal it's all good.

• If it's legal and both of you like each other.. I guess its fine..

• Yeah break up with her.

• 1 month you will still be in the rose tinted glasses phase. And she just told you she lied about something rather considerable.
    I would advocate taking a step back. Slow it down. examine how you really feel about that and consider breaking it off. I would say that thats too big of an age gap. And either she will grow up soon and get very angry that you dont... Or you'll completely dominate her. She's a kid.

• she's practically a child in your eyes legal or not.

• Dump her because she lied.

• If it's legal there is no problem. The only problem you will face is people judging you.

• Break up with her asap. She lied to you about her age. Who knows what other things she has lied and will lie about down the line. Save yourself the time, money, effort and pain and leave her.

• Whats bothering you? The fact that she's so young or the fact that she lied to you?

• If its legal in your country then no big deal haha

• Too immature