Anyone else actually waiting until marriage?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm on the fence with this. I'm waiting cuz I've never really had a relationship so sex isn't much of an option, but it would be nice to wait til the honeymoon

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I proudly am.

Aside from the religious and cultural reasons, it's in fact more beautiful and special when you wait for the person who you are gonna marry and are willing to share the rest of your life with.

What Girls Said 17

• I am waiting to have intercourse, if that's what you mean. I'm okay with other things with my current boyfriend.
    A lot of people take sex for granted... I'll tell you why I don't.
    At the age of 16, I was date raped. I wanted to save it for marriage (not for religious reasons, but for emotional reasons), and now its even more dear to me. That horrible man doesn't have my virginity, he tried to steal it but that can't happen.. You can't steal sex, only rape... So when I actually do give it to someone, its going to be someone so damn special that I married them. :)
    PS. I'm proud if you OP for sticking to your guns! You do you. :p

• I'm not, but I've seen a lot of people here on GAG who are indeed waiting.

• people who are planning on having sex for the first time on their wedding night are crazy in my opinion. weddings are exhausting. who wants to be exhausted the first time they bang?

• Well, lots of people actually do it, and its not about how tired they are, that would be the last thing on their mind 😆 its about giving it to the person that is willing to share his life with you.. That's the point of waiting

• Yess I'm waiting for marriage!

• We all have our own rights to our virginities and when we decide to give it up.

I classify losing my virginity as 'just getting rid of it'... but I do not regret it. It is what I wanted at the time and he asked me several times if I was sure before continuing.

I didn't wait -- my reason being is I'm not even sure if I want to get married! And even if I do the foundation of a marriage is based on sex... I don't want to wait until marriage to find out if we are compatible in bed.

• I will definitely wait until marriage, that's what i want 😌

• Nope didn't wait. To me it seemed stupid to wait. Since It's also a good way to know if you should really be with that person.

• Hey, if that's what you want to do, go for it.

• Nope
    /////

• I don t want to :'(

• Just surprised how popular that option is. Who knew ;)

• I don't plan on it

• too late for that :P

• I'm waiting until I'm engaged, not married

• I was, but then I lost it so...

• yes I am as cheesy as it sounds.

• I did not wait but I think it's better to wait because you know if they truly love you

What Guys Said 17

• Nope, not me - lost my V-card a while ago (in college, of course). No regrets about it.

It's not anything to be ashamed about if you wait until marriage to have sex. I actually commend people for that - all the people with this mindset whom I've met are extremely loyal and honest (or follow a religious doctrine) men and women. They want to only be intimate with "the one" and stay with him/her forever. And I respect that 100%.

These people are a rare breed, but I salute them and am confident that they'll get the best.

• I wonder how many of the self-righteous virgins actually have their virginity tested, so to speak.

• I don't want to ever get married.

• I am planning to.
    Aside from religious reasons, couples who wait have a much higher successful marriage rate than couples who don't.

• To have kids and sex then yes.

• Yup I am waiting until marriage.

• Yep me I am waiting for @ElissaDido 😍 😛

• I wasn't at first and I'm still not wanting to, but my girlfriend does so... Guess I'll have to wait

• I am - if it even happens.

• well, i hope being sexually compatible is enough when he's off screwing his next conquest, or when you realize that's that's the only compatibility you have with the other person. sex has become far too prioritized.

• Nope. That ship sailed long ago

• *Raises hand*

• I don't understand the other option but ya I probably am

• In b4 Tim tebow

And no

• Not me... not waiting for anything and not planning to get married either.

• Yeah i do ^^

• Yes I am 28 years in waiting

• No, the reason being that I believe sexual chemistry is a very important component to a relationship. I found out that there is no way to tell when I lost my virginity. I got along great with a girl we clicked we dated for two months before. we felt sexual tension and were attracted to each other but when we actually had sex the chemistry just wasn't there. I never thought that we wouldn't be compatible but we weren't.