Is it shallow to disregard guys based on their name?

Am I shallow for automatically disregarding guys based on their name on dating apps? Whenever a guy has an arabic name I lose any interest because I know the chances of him or his family being muslims are really high and I want to avoid that conflict. Same goes for guys Who state that they are Christians.. I automatically lose interest

Most Helpful Guy

• No not at all. I avoid girls with the name Amy because I know they will turn out to be complete a**holes. I also avoid girls with the name Tina because they look to old and they're eccentric. I avoid girls with the name Brandy because they're gay. I also avoid girls with the name Zoey because that name is down right stupid. I avoid girls named Linda because I have a cousin named Linda and I feel like it's incest. There is a bunch of names I avoid but I'm running out of time. I do like Ronda though as long as she isn't one of those transgender idiots, I don't go that way.

• Cool story bro

• Thanks I think so too!

Most Helpful Girl

• I will reject guys for their names. But not for your reasons. I can't date a guy who has the same name as a family member of mine.
    I know, I'm a terrible person but I just can't picture myself moaning the same name as a relative.

What Guys Said 10

• TBH it is shallow and it isn't because the relationship can get awkward right after the first date. But its kinda mean not to give them a chance. I dont blame you though for loosing interest cause it can be awkward meet the other half's parents/date. which pretty much is always they ether love you or absolutely hate the boyfriend/Girlfriend. I can really see the both sides. Why risk the awkwardness when you can avoid it.

• It's online dating. No-one said you had to settle.
    I'm picky, and I'm in the process of dating a hot blonde girl. I personally get turned off by religious people. Not waiting until marriage for sex and I'm certainly not saying grace of going to church.

Thankfully people in the UK aren't religious unless they're Jewish or Muslim.

• I won't say shallow but unnecessarily wary - I would wait and see what he/she was like before deciding he/she was hardcore religious/conservative by just name alone.

• Hmmm, I'm North African and yes, I have a Muslim name and was born Muslim but I'm super Atheist. Don't always judge so quickly.

• I think it's extremely immature and idiotic to disregard someone because of something they didn't even choose

• Not really, no. You have a right to want the things you want.

• That's even stupider than basing it on their zodiac sign.

• Well I dont want a religious guy.. if that makes me stupid in your eyes then so be it

• Where I live 100% of the guys I have met that have arabic name are muslims or have muslim families

• Well I guess it's demographic, but here name usually means nothing.

• That would be shallow, yes.

• not shallow. extremely irrational

• I'm sorry you feel that way. You may miss out on some great people that way

• Maybe. . But im Just trying to prevent a situation where I find out the guy im seeing is religious or had a religious family...

• Like I said, that's wayy too judgmental, I hope you never find someone

• Someone is bitter lol

What Girls Said 1

• Ummmm I'd say basing it off of names is definitely shallow. No one chose their own damn name, lol. If you want to disregard men due to their religion that's your choice and not shallow.

• Its mostly because of the religion than anything