Short, Sweet, and to the Point?

OK, there this girl I've been friends with for awhile and I finally told her I liked her over text. A few days later we talked and I told her, "I like you and its as simple as that." She didn't say anything and then I asked her, "Can I get a response." She said, "I don't know what to say." I asked her, "Do you want me to make it simple?" She nodded and I went in for a kiss. I kissed her for a minute and then backed off a little then asked, "Do you get it?" She nodded again and then we continued. A few minutes later she starts to cry. I comforted her, but she said, "I have to go home." So I gave her a goodnight kiss and she left. We didn't talk till the next night over text when she said she only wants to be friends. What did I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you rushed a little bit and she became uncomfortable. You approach was extremely forthright and this can work in some cases, it depends on the girl. However, the girl needs to feel like she has a say in things too. She was shocked by your admission and that's why she didn't know what to say. Then, you kissed her and it put her on overload. I think you should have told her how you felt and then give her time to process it. I wouldn't have gone for the kiss because I think it was too soon. You could have kissed her hand, cheek or gave her a hug. This is what I think.

What Girls Said 4

• 1st of all girls like when you do it in person and not short. I like when it gets into a conversation but that's just me. and I think you overwhelmed her by kissing her she might not know what she's feeling right now. so don't get to upset about it but ask her if you did anything wrong. because I could be wrong.

• i think that I could of been her first kiss & maybe she wanted it to be special & you just approached her the wrong way. maybe she likes you too but was uncomfortable with the situation!

• Of course I don't know this girl's story, but I kind of think that you may not have blown it totally. Something similar happened to be a while back, and I had a really hard time admitting to myself that I liked the guy as more than a friend too, and I was actually kind of mad at him for disrupting our friendship like that.

Definitely don't lose contact with her. Maybe give it a few weeks and then bring it up in conversation again. Not like you want to convince her, just so that there isn't as much awkwardness between you guys. Maybe she'll come around, maybe not. But it's not worth losing a friendship over.

• I just wanted to congratulate you though for being direct/honest. Some girls like that, so good for u!

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not sure you did anything wrong. Maybe you came on too strong. I think the biggest thing that you need to know is that she seems pretty confused. Most times when you get a strange response like that, it's because she has a lot of mixed feeling and what happened was, like, really abrupt and spur of the moment. Just give her a little time. After awhile, maybe apologize or something. It happens, man. Don't worry.

• Came on too strong?

• hey green get butt online lol