I used to make fun of a socially awkward guy in my class but now after getting to know him I like him but I am embarrassed to admit it to my friends?

I made fun of him because he was always so nervous when he talked to me. It was quite entertaining to watch and I'd always talk behind his back with my friends but during the past semester I spent a lot of time with him for a project and I really started liking him. Since my friends all know him as the silly weird idiot in my class, I am embarrassed to admit to them that I like him now. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• admit that karma is a bitch and swallow your god damn pride now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Own it! Dont be embarrassed. If he is a nice guy and you really like him, that is all that matters. Be brave, care about what you think of yourself, not what your friends think of you. If they are your friends, they won't have a problem with it. You may find that your friends will then also get to know him and may come to the same conclusion that you have.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, you suck as a person, so just gotta deal with it. Or stop being a kid and tell them that you judged him wrong.

I hope he never goes out with you, he doesn't deserve such a b...

• Honestly, if you're the type that just picks on people... leave the guy alone, you'd make him more socially awkward than he already is. Know that you're dealing with delicate material here.

• I think you are a silly weird idiot, treating fellow human beings nevertheless sentient beings as you do is forbidden under righteous law, and so I testify that you should be crucified, when in relation to the total state of things, so say it the law of natural order.

*cough*.

• Tell them that you were wrong about him I guess.

• 2 simple words, fucking bitch

• Well, that's why karma always come back to you

What Girls Said 3

• Leave the poor guy alone, so he can find a decent girl. Then go do some serious work on your personality, because you desperately need it.

• if you don't feel like you can tell them, then show them, and if they get mad about it then they aren't real friends

• You made fun of somebody because they're socially awkward? Are you literally 10 years old? YOUR in your mid twenties? How embarrassing. And now you like him LMAO who's the dummy now? I'd say leave him alone. He's way too good for a dumb c*nt like you.

• I did not make fun of him in front of him. I talked behind his back and that was 2 years ago!
      Calling me names doesn't make you any better than I was. At least I had the decency of not showing the world that I am a complete idiot like you are.