Ladies, is it weird to date a guy that lives with his parents?

I live with my parents. I take care for them. I do all their hardwork around the house. Removing snow, mow the lawn basically all the outdoor stuff to mkae the house look good. My parents are up there and I live with them. I pay for all my bills and rent. I dont freeload off of them. I am saving up for a house. Ladies if we met each other and texted and really hit it off and then i told hou i lived with my parents and take care of them would you find that weird? I am focusing on more of an American answers. I know in other cultures this is common. Especially for the youngest which is me.

I do plan on moving out soon to let you all know. I want to live near by, not everybody loves raymond close, but in the same area lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care i live with my parents so we're even. I actually met an elderly woman who complained that she prefers to have daughters over sons.. cause sons leave the house and don't stay to take care of their parents. I felt sad for her going to the hospital alone with nobody to help and she told me that she got into an accident once when she crossed the street cause her hips were hurting.. so now i think if i saw a guy taking care of his parents and helping them i'd consider it an attractive quality.. cause if he takes care of his elderly mom, he'll know how to take care of me.. please guys don't neglect ur moms

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine dude, you're not a dead beat and that's all that matters. People live their lives differently. In my culture we do no move out until we're generally certain that we can live alone without financial issues.

Why give your money away to a stranger when you can stay home and help family?

What Girls Said 16

• Not only A-Okay with me here, dear, but So Very Nice and Considerate and Most Amazing of you To... Take care of them.
    Any girl would indeed be lucky in love to be with a guy like you. Many guys today are Not This way and don't even work, just sponge off anyone who they can get their own hands on.
    Keep up the good work. You are an absolute angel and someday you will Get the girl of your own God Given Dreams with these Means.
    Good luck. xx

• It is a little out of the norm to hear that from someone, but I don't think it's such a bad thing. The negative stereotype is about people who are unmotivated and unsuccessful, and it doesn't sound like you're being lazy about your life. Personally, if I saw a long-term relationship with you, I'd want you to leave the house eventually so that we could do our own thing together. But that's just my opinion/preference.

• I'm Canadian, but I would definitely date a guy who lived with his parents. Especially if he is taking care of them. It shows that he cares about his family and is an all-around decent person.

I think of it this way: If a guy is willing to live with his parents and help them out when they are old. He would probably help me out if I got sick. That's the kind of person I want. I don't want a guy who is going to leave me as soon as I am 'too sick' to make my own soup. I need someone who is going to be there if things get tough and stick it out with me.

• I wouldn't care, I'm around your age range and I also live at home. It's pretty normal I think.

• No I don't think it's weird or lame. You've got a job so it's not like you lay around all day while your mom fixes you pb&j! You've got your priorities in line. I'd date you.

• Given the fact that you pay all their bills and aren't just being a free loader, yes I would give you a shot. You're not being a mooch. You're taking care of your parents. And family is a huge thing for me.

• Not for me...

• As long as you're not a freeloader I think i'd be okay with it. Depends a lot on your ambitions

• Lol basically you live with your parents and you do chores. Don't try to make it seem like anything but what it is. Don't be ashamed either! You are making a wise financial choice.

It depends on his age whether or not I'll see it as a turn off. I'm 19, I would mostly go for someone 18-23 or 24, so if he's in that range that I would be going for anyway and has goals and aspirations then that's fine by me

• There not just chores and i am never asked to do them. I would still do them even if i left the house. My parents did a lot for me growing up. Its my time to help them out. They also live in a too big of property for them to take care of.

• Still chores 😧

• nope. not weird

• No, it would only be weird if he wasn't doing anything & just living off of his parents. There's nothing wrong with living with your parents to get on your feet.

• at your age its not a big deal.

• I've dated several guys who lived at home - in my early to mid 20s because they hadn't moved out and now later because they were divorced and hadn't found a new place yet.

It's not ideal because it's nice to switch up where you stay during the first few months you start staying together, but it's not a deal breaker for me at all.

• As long as he can let all that go when we want to start our lives together then it's fine by me.

• Nope, not at all.. in fact my best friend doesn't trust guys who live alone.

• I wouldn't care, some girls would. I'd say he was smart staying so he can save money and eventually buy not rent.

What Guys Said 5

• I was going to ask how old you were and if you're making moves to move out soon, but since you're taking care of them, that's a thornier issue.
    I think if a girl isn't all right with you caring for your parents, you shouldn't be that upset. She's probably not good for ya.
    Some may actually find it touching though, and appreciate you showing your caring and responsibility.
    Good luck.

• I am 24 and yes. I just need more money for a down payment for a house

• What is WOW?

• World of Warcraft.

• If you live in the expensive cities (nyc, sf, Chicago) that's actually becoming very common.

• I live with my parents, my ex had no problem with it. I only live with my parents because I drive to school everyday and it's only a few minutes from the house.

• about 60 percent id say live at home with parents in my city aged 18 to 36.

were going through recession its not shameful

• You're no older than 24, I don't see how that would be a problem. It's not like you're 40 bro