I like a girl but I don't know what to do?

There's this girl at my school that I've really fallen for. We used to be really close in middle school, but have really only started talking again this year. She's also gay and I couldn't help but fall for her. Very pretty, funny, smart, and overall irresistible. We even have mutual friends, which is a really good plus. But. I don't know how to proceed. The only girl I've dated was long distance, and I've no idea how to approach her, even platonically. We talk occasionally and joke around, but I'd really like to get closer with her. Any tips?

(If you want any additional information, just let me know)

What Guys Said 1

• How about something simple like "Hey wanna catch the new Star Wars movie with me?"

• Both of our parents are pretty overprotective... Not sure if that'd work. Plus I'd feel awkward asking that since we only talk occasionally

• I totally understand. It is tough making the first move. If you know anything about him, do you know what his hobbies are, or what he likes to do? Perhaps you can start by asking him about something he is interested in. That way he will do most of the talking!

• Oops, sorry, should have said "her" not him. Same idea though, ask her about something that she is interested in, so that she will carry the load of the conversation.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you could first casually ask if she's into anyone? If it's someone else, you know not to proceed further, but if she doesn't answer, you may have a shot!

• How do I ask that without being obvious that I like her?

• Can you just try to have some "girl talk" and ask if she thinks anyone is cute?

• We're not really that close... We haven't even really talked in a week or so. Don't think I could just casually bring that up