What does it mean if my date didn't ask me out on Christmas/New Year's Eve?

I've been dating with this guy for six weeks, more than 10 dates. Christmas is coming and he hasn't asked my plan. (he's a westerner but he's now in my country so he's not gonna stay with family, and in my country people celebrate Christmas with friends/bf/gf).

Should I just wait for him or just arrange other event with my friends?

I really hope he could ask me out for Christmas, but i am sure his western friends would hold some events and get drunk together.

He likes drinking very much but i don't drink at all.

I would be quite disappointed if he end up doesn't ask me out. Also the New year's eve.

If in that case, does it mean that i am not important to him?

0|0
2|1

What Guys Said 1

• Perhaps he wants you to ask him, so he can spend with you and meet your family? I don't know... Seems kinda fast to meet someone's family, but you never really know...

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want him to meet my family and I don't celebrate Christmas with my family as well.
      I just want a simple date...
      But he's not a shy guy! Why he doesn't just ask me?
      What if he just doesn't want to ask me, should I care? Or this is not a thing?

• Show All
    • Ohh I see:)
      I am not sure hahaha
      I think we are not compatible at all but I like him. He said he's not seeing others and I think he's not lying. But sometimes I don't think he cares me very much.
      We are from different country/background. So I am quite confused.

• Hey I finally asked him! He said he will be with his friends (all from his country) on Christmas but will be available on New Years eve haha. I think it's a not bad answer:)

What Girls Said 2

• Why can't you ask him? It's the 21st century. Why does he have to initiate everything? Maybe if you asked about Christmas it would make him ask about New Years. You can't expect him to do everything because if it's all one sided he may think you're getting bored of him and only say yes to the dates because you feel bad. You have to show him that you want to pursue something. Guys need a lot of prodding, they aren't so good with subtle hints.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know your point and I agree with you. However I am not sure how's the extent he likes me now.
      For example, I texted him last night, I said hi, and he didn't reply after 10+ hours. He's not busy. I am sure.
      Sometimes I ask him out too. But Christmas and New Years eve are special days.
      I would consider about asking him initiatively. But what if he refuses? Should I see it as a bad thing?

• Show All
    • Hey I finally asked him! He said he will be with his friends (all from his country) on Christmas but will be available on New Years eve haha. I think it's a not bad answer:)

• No that's great! :)

• maybe he thought you were going to ask him? he may not have plans!

0|0
    0|0
    • He is in my country and he has a lot western friends who go drinking every weekend... so I am sure his friends would invite him.
      So what if he didn't aske me out? Should I care about this or its fine?