Is 12 years to big a of an age gap?

Let's say you meet a really nice guy that's pretty much everything you want in a guy, but he's 12 years older then you.
Because of this you two just be friends, and after being friends for a few months, it becomes apparent (like he pretty much literal tells you) that he likes you. but just isn't doing anything about it because of the age gap.
Even though you aren't dating he is still really sweet and always makes sure you're happy and listens to you whin about emotions and stuff. And is just all around awesome.

Would you think the age gap is to big and just leave him?
Or would you date him?
And how would you go about getting him to ask you out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah It's a big age gap and It's weird that it seems that he like you more than a friend.. Creepy O_o. Be careful, not everything that shine is gold, he might have hidden intentions, and you only have known him for..4 months? You barely know a person in 4 months, however if he really wants to date you he should have the decency to wait until at least you are 18+, at 16 you shouldn't be dating him, he can get arrested if temptation comes in between and well he would be seen as a sexual predator and I don't think you want to date a sexual predator. Um yeah, wait until you are 18+, in most countries once you are 18 you are free to go.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it is!

What Guys Said 6

• Anything more than 5 years becomes odd.

• if you use the.5 age +7 rule, the earliest a 12 year gap would be 38 (38/2+7=26). but i have a 3 year quota.

• I don't know depends 💁🏻

• Yes 12 years is a large age gap & just leave him.

• Well... only if she's not under 18. And... within 5 years gap tops.

• this pedophile should be arrested at once. he could be your father. he is a manipulator trying to take advantage of your naivety

• He's not a pedophile because
      A) I'm 16
      B) He has never made a move on me and has actually told me I should wait until I'm married to have sex
      And C) I've known him for 4 months I think I would have noticed if he was checking out kids.

What Girls Said 2

• If you're underage yes.

• The legal age here is 16 so lets say she's 16... So she is but barely

• 16 and 28. You both want to believe that you both have stuff in common, but if you really think about it... you don't. You are just starting to live your life, and experience the things he did, when he was younger. It's not fair for you to sacrifice your young ages to be with someone who has different expectations, expectations that you will not be prepared to fill due to your lack of experience.

• I would date him. Age is just a number