Girl going to night club alone?

So I'm a single lady between the ages 20 and 25, I am starting to get over the fact that my ex boyfriend and I may not be getting back together, he seems to have moved on and it is time I do too. I don't have a lot of friends, the few that I do have, have work commitments and love lives. I know how to dress well and look good without revealing too much. Life does get a little lonely sometimes, and I sometimes feel like going out, but friends are not always readily available. My question is, if I had to go on a night club on my own, dress well, look good, and go out to a night club, without friends, for a cocktail or two, would that be weird? What do you think of a person that goes to a night club on his/her own?

Most Helpful Guy

• "What do you think of a person that goes to a night club on his/her own?"
    It's great that you'd feel comfortable doing so however i'd be most concerned for your safety. Even if you planned on not drinking a single drink, it's still concerning for a women to go out by herself let alone a "night club" no matter how safe the area.

-- In my opinion those types of outings are more fun with a group of friends anyways. I'd say pass it up until you start socializing with others who may potentially want to do the same activities.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, depends on where you live and what club you plan on going to. I used to live in a studio apartment above a club about three to five minutes away in walking distance from the main clubbing/bar street in town. There were a couple of times that I went to this lounge/bar/club place alone out of pure spontaneity and not wanting to wait for friends to get ready. But that suited me because I'm cool with all of the bartenders/bouncers there and a few of them are my good friends so although I was going alone, I wasn't staying there alone. However, I don't think I would recommend that for a woman who's not in a similar position. It can be dangerous going to a night club alone and we must be realistic about the types of predatory individuals who would view you as a target. If you do choose to go alone then it will be important for you to have a certain level of confidence and chill vibes for you to not feel all awkward and isolated. You don't want to come off as awkward or lonely.

What Guys Said 2

• You will seem more approachable if you went to nightclub alone cause you will be constantly checking out other people while sitting alone. Guys usually at there like in 'hunting' mode, just be careful though cause there're some guys out there just pull pull pull without social calibration.

• Just make sure you're safe because as you're on your own you may consider easy game for some horrible men.

What Girls Said 2

• I personally would think so, but that shouldn't stop you. If you don't feel like it's weird, by all means do it.

There are plenty of guys who go alone (one I personally knew) and while I find it strange, that doesn't mean that you're weird.

Sure, some people will think that you are or will find it strange (as I stated that I was in the latter), but who cares what we strangers think? It's YOUR life. Do what you want.

And if I find out someone went to a club alone? I'd faintly wonder why but I wouldn't judge that person.

• I would love to have the courage to do that :/ But Im curious what other people think of it.

• I don't have the courage either but I really want to try