Do you ever completely forget your first crush?

I try to make it short. Im not the type of girl that get crush it a lot or easily. My first crush was my sophmore year, and we both liked each other but sadly couldnt go out because my father didn't like that he was 18 when i was still 15. Anyways now im a senior in HS and there is a new guy that likes me and im starting to like. And i really do want to only want my heart and mind be all focous on him but i can't help to think of my first crush from times to times... I mean i dont like my first crush like that anymore, we are now friends and we care for each other as someone we used to know/like. Im so confused!! Did i really moved on or not? Because i really do want to give my all to this new guy and i dont think is fair for him or me to push our relationship further when my min can't seem to forget my first crush. Right now im giving it time before anything serious happens.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like you said, you don't get crushes easily so when you are gaining romantic feelings for someone your going to be reminded of those other people you have had those feelings for in the past.

You don't have to completely wipe your memory of someone in order to move on from them, like you said, you don't even like him like that anymore and you two are friends.

What Guys Said 3

• No because it was the only full Asian person (Filipina) I was ever attracted to, even though I was around 9 years old at the time, and it wasn't much of a pleasant memory, I still remember it. She transferred to my school in the beginning of the class/semester and I was drawn to her immediately. Many months have passed, and I still admired here and days before it was Valentines day, there was this class things and/or activity yearly in which you can pay someone to send a love letter and roses to a certain classmate and I did. There was an assembly that time and she received the letter and the roses. As she turned around to me, I wink at her and gave her a flying kiss; she cried and for some reason, I did the same thing too. After a few weeks has passed by, she was no where to be seen. I found out from my teacher that she and her family got approval to live in Canada for a better life. For some reason, I blame myself for it about her leaving, thinking it was all my fault and all. Eventually, I got over it of course and moved on with my life

• So is normal to remember ur first crush, and still move on with someone new? Because im really starting to like this new guy but i dont want to feel comflicted

• Yeah for sure. The thing is, it was only a crush and I'm probably not going to see her again.

• Depends on the crush!! My first crush, like real crush could actually breach outside the word crush and go as far as the "girl I loved".

And since that's a word I don't often use and will never again, haha. Nope I will never forget this girl. Often find myself comparing every other girl to her, because to me she was one of a kind.

• I can't even remember who my first crush was, so no you forget about them.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes I remember my first crush. And I think I always will tbh.. it's not like I think about him 24/7 but everytime I meet someone new I compare him to my first crush. But it was quite recent so maybe it'll disappear with time.

• WHO? No haha! Why? because he was the first guy I ask publicly if he would go out with me and said I quote "your not my type"! I am sure your a great for someone else! (≖͞_≖̥)

• I remember every crush I've ever had. Do I still have feelings for every crush I've ever had? Nope.

• I mostly forgot about him. Mostly because I haven't seen him for more than 3 years.

• I don't completely forget any of my real crushes. I dwell on things. I know it's not great.

• I still think of my first crush from times to times... even now I like someone else... I still think of him.

• no you dont.