Do you judge someone by looks or by personality?

• Looks
  • Personality

Most Helpful Guy

• Both. First looks, then personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends:

First impressions are based on looks and what is said. Therfore looks and responses makes it easier to determine whether I will or will not like a person. Some people just look so rude and easily annoyed; when they began to talk their voice conveys there feelings. So yeah, if they look and sound mean, I tend to stay away. In my opinion.

If you mean for dating then yeah looks matter first and then personality. I have to be attracted to you physically in order to want to know you personally. But this applies to me, I don't know about anyone else.

What Guys Said 24

• Both, but mostly personality.
    If they don't take care of themselves moderately well, in ways of hygiene, fitness, etc, then I may make someobservations about them.
    However, their personality is obviously more important.

• i don't judge people

• Both, since both are ways of presenting yourself to the world and much of that is a conscious choice.

• The looks at first, but if I am attracted, then I tend to want to get to know her personality. I call it the two step plan lol

• I've talked about this with my friends a lot. People say you should like someone for their personality, but if I am not attracted to the person I can't have a relationship with the person.

If they have a wonderful personality but am not attractive to me, we could be best of friends, but nothing more. Although if you are attractive to me, then a wonderful personality on top of that is a huge plus.

• Both.

I make an initial judgment about them on looks, because you can learn a bit based on how they choose to present themselves to the world. But my final judgment is reserved until I get to know them.

• both.

looks give the first impression and then when you get to know their personality you find out who they truly are

• The complete package and not just one or another.

• both.

its relevant as good looks in a women can mess her personality up

its not a big deal if an ugly girl has a good personality but if a pretty one does, its respectable as she's constantly temped since she ccan get away with things.

people overcome different levels of adversity and the hard it is, the more respectful and a reflection of their mind

• People estimate personality based on looks. But primarily they intend to judge them based on personality.

• Friends I go by personality, however any girl to romance? Then I need looks, sounds harsh but I need physical attraction to a partner, and string attraction

• Looks generally is a good indicator of personality. You know how they say "Don't judge the book by its cover", they're usually wrong.

• Personality is more important. I once had a "pretty" girlfriend but her personality was sh*t. I ended the relationship after only 1 month and 3 weeks. That says enough.

• Both equally.

• looks first. think about what you do when unaesthetic person sits next to you. think how you behave at fat people. think what are your reactions with such people. think how many fat/ugly friends you have. think how many times you've actually been with fat/ugly people and how it ended, if it begun at all. think, you will be surprised.

• Initially looks. Then personality.

• Looks get the interview and personality gets the job.

• I judge based by actions.

• First initially with looks only.

• You can't bang personalitu

• Personality... but this is not judgement actually

• don't judge a book by it's cover :p

• I'm a rarity

I judge on personality first YES I am in the minority

In school there was this unattractive girl with some mental disorder who had acne and guess what? I was nicer to her more than the attractive ones and even wanted to be her boyfriend

I dont judge on appearance it's cheap to do so and on top of that your judging someone for something they have no control over whether it's their weight, height, face, etc

• Obviously both. Looks to find out if you want to spend time discovering the personality. The personality to figure out if you want to actually be there when she wakes up, or share an actual number.

What Girls Said 23

• Personality, looks can change. Personality rarely does.

• Personality. They can look however they want, but personality will determine if they stay in my life.

• Personality first for most!

• At first by looks but then by personality

• You can be attractive as fuck physically, but if your personality is bad, then you become unattractive to me.

• In the first moment I meet them, looks, then personality.

• I'd say both. First based on looks, then the personality.
    I'm a terrible person, I know.

• Personality. A crappy one can lower your attractiveness majorly for me.

• First impression: half looks and half personality

After that: only personality

• Personality always

• neither. I judge people based on their actions.

• For me looks first and then personality, but if you don't have a good personality to match your looks then forget you and forget how good looking you are.

• I think it definitely starts out with looks. You don't decide to talk to someone just because. Generally speaking anyway, especially when it comes to significant others. You begin a conversation because you initially thought that person was attractive. You fall in love with some one for their personality though. It starts out with looks then becomes more about who they are as a person.

• Looks for sex and dating only.
    Personality for everything else.

• Ok I may sound like a b**** but At fist looks if they don't talk to me but if we do talk all I care is about personality.

• Outer appearance is all I see initially

• A guy doesn't have to be the hottest thing since cheese and rice... It's about how they treat people. I do find it kinda ridiculous that some judge off looks but they're the type of guy who won't even brush their hair.

• Looks and personality

• My friends are heavily tattooed, piercings everywhere, have a tough attitude, and look scary. They're good people. I never judged because of how they look.

• On first impression, I judge solely on looks. Later I judge on personality and looks.

• A lot of people lie about this. But honestly I'd rather you be funny more than cute

• Physical attraction is important to me so both

• Both. I try to get to know someone before I make a judgement about then. Most of the time I make a judgement based solely on their personality. Although, Sometimes I can take one look at a person before getting to know them, and I instantly know they can't be trusted. I'm a highly perceptive person. It's like a 6th sense I have 😊