What makes a guy lose interest so fast?

I went on a date Saturday night after having been texting this guy for about three weeks. The date went fine I felt no issues and he kissed me a lot and held my hand and even mentioned future get togethers. I ended up sleeping over ( no sex happened) and I went home yesterday afternoon around 3 pm and sent him a text letting him know I enjoyed our time together and nothing. It's been nearly 24 hours since I've heard from him and it's really odd since we always text everyday. I'm pretty sure he lost interest but I need someone else's opinion.

1. We met on a dating site
2. We hit it off. Could talk for hours.
3. He mentioned he's never connected so well with someone before
4. The time spent together we were up until 6 am talking
5. He talked about future meet ups and getting to know each other more
6. And I called him and texted him and have not heard back
7. He's been online ( on that dating site to be specific..)

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he is still shopping around. He may in fact be interested but with his actions as far as not replying within 24 hours it doesn't sound like he is interested in anything serious

• Most likely not. Iv'e accepted the fact that he moved on since he hasn't contacted me in 3 days. It's ok I'll find a guy who will stay around.

• Good for you. Any guy that has to be chased or kept tabs on isn't worth your time to begin with young Lady

• Thank you young Lady

What Guys Said 11

• There are so many things... but unfortunately, most likely he was dating a variety of girls and decided on another. It may be that she fit most of his criteria.

The other thing is... most guys that are on-line dating are not looking for a long term relationship. He may simply have put you in that category ie., something good for the long term, but not the right now.

• He is either too insecure about himself or you just said something about yourself that he really dislikes or can't accept. We can go from liking someone to really getting disgust in 0,3 seconds.

• It's been 24 hours. He's playing it cool. That or he sensed your neediness and that caused him to lose interest.

• oh no I wasn't clingy at all. I was laid back the whole time. I haven't texted him at all today and I'm not going to.

• Give him time. If he's interested, he'll come back.

• I think he lost interest/found someone else. It's been 3 days.

• He might be a guy who uses dating sites to have one night stands with women, regardless if you had sex with him or not, he'd probably give you the cold shoulder afterwards and move on to someone else.

• Women that are pushy and they think they know everything,

• Lol.. 24 hrs. "WHAT DID I DO WRONG?"

• I'd lose interest in my date based upon the conversation we have, if it isn't productive.

• Say the wrong thing and snap, I have one foot out the door already.

• I wouldn't leave the date though, I would not pursue a relationship, and I am referring to their ideological views, which is the basis for a compatible relationship.

• its only been 24 hours

DAMN, YOU ARE CLINGY.

• Most likely it has to do with attraction... like 90% of the times

• Hmm I think he was pretty attracted. We made out for hours and he was turned on.. haha

• Yea sounds like a booty call that didn't actually happen... maybe he's not interesting in trying again

Obviously he might contact you eventually though.

• Yea dont be the booty call girl

• We just get bored

• I really hate this guy.

What Girls Said 5

• Hmmmm...
    There could be various factors involved that may not even be reflective of you, your time together, or anything you did in particular. Don't beat yourself up or be too hard on yourself. I understand that this is a chitty feeling but you're going to get through this. Text him saying ". . . you alive?" If he doesn't reply then do your best to honor and respect whatever is going on with him/in his mind. Don't keep pushing or trying to make contact happen. Just stay positive, be kind to yourself, preoccupy yourself, stay busy, and be productive. Speak affirmations to yourself reminding yourself of all the reasons why you love and appreciate yourself. Make sure to enjoy your life and when he's ready, he will come back around. Don't be so quick to assume it's you because sometimes it has nothing to do with you and once you plant that thought in your mind, you will start beating yourself up and puncturing your own self-esteem.

• Wish I knew lol

• Maybe he wanted sex that night
    Maybe he is dating other girls too
    Maybe he is busy

• I wouldn't read too much in to things just yet, since not a lot of time has passed. I would just keep occupied and do not wait to hear from him. If you already sent him a text, then all you can do is keep busy, enjoy yourself and do not wait around for him.

• It's only be 24 hours. He's just giving a little bit of space. Don't read into things this early on.

• Thank you for not accusing me of being clingy because I'm not.