Are coffee dates good for first dates?

I don't want to invest too much money only on the first date, so we go for coffee.

• Yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, perfect.
    Not much of an expense and it's still cute and charming in a way - you get to talk and see if you're compatible. Sounds perfect.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're the best in my opinion. It's fast, therefore if the date isn't going too good, you don't have to stay there for too long.
    It's cheap, so if you decide to pay for her, you won't have to spend much, and you won't be used for your money by a possible gold digger.
    Tables are small, so you're closer to each other, which is good.
    It's not formal, so you don't have to maintain a level of etiquette and be more relaxed.

In my opinion it's the best spot for a first date.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes I think so, because if it doesn't work out then u just down a little bit of money on her and it's no big deal

• Yes, I'd rather go on a coffee date because a first dates make me feel so nervous, and it's more of a relaxing atmosphere and less informal. 😊

What Guys Said 5

• Depends on how well you know this individual ahead of time. If its a we know each others names it would be a good place to start as it is cheep and sparks communication.

If I'm going on a first date with a good friend of mine, historically it's been a movie and lunch.

• Perfect. It's a public place, it gives you something to do together, and it doesn't take very long. You'll usually know with certainty if you want more dates with them by the time you're done.

• Works all the time.

• If you are trying to get laid then no. Otherwise it's cheap and good to know someone.

• yes of course...