Dating my dad's friend?

Okay so I'm 23 and my dads friend is 38. (My dads 44 he was youngish when I was born) They've been friends for about 5 years. About 2 years ago I got a job where he works and we've become very close. He's told me earlier this year how he feels and he knows I feel the same. Which I do. I've always played it down to him but I can't deny to him how I feel anymore. We've had a couple of drunken kisses but nothing more ( sounds bad but I was willing to when we were drunk at a mutual friends birthday party, but he said no because I deserve better) he's a good guy. I know a lot of people will judge and might say he's a creep because I'm his friends daughter but you can't help how you feel. I'm just worried about the effects it will have on my relationship with my dad. Is it worth the risk?

What Guys Said 1

• I normally don't have problems with large age gaps in relationships. Age is just a number, and if two people get along, then they get along. However, in this case there are some real possible repercussions. It will most likely put a real strain on your relationship with your dad. It will also most likely destroy the relationship between your dad and his friend. Though it kind of bothers me to say it, I think it this particular case you really need to consider how this will effect the other relationships. I think the only way that you would be able to pursue it and not destroy everything would be to talk to your dad about it first and get his ok. If you get his buy-in first, it should be ok. If you don't, he is most likely going to lose his shit.

What Girls Said 0