If you're black, you're automatically just a friend?

Is this true? That's what my mother said, if you're a black dude, white girls will usually automatically see you as a friend, but they'll never see you as anything else. She was trying to explain my shitty luck in dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• oh for the love of god, stop playing victim! that could not be further from the truth, no offence to ur mum.

• Really? Because, results not typical

Most Helpful Guy

• My dating history would be a lot darker of that were true.

I do know it's harder for some white girls to see themselves with a black guy in a relationship, but that's just a mental picture. Numerous girl I've been with never thought they'd date a black guy. Not that they were put off. They just never saw it in their head. Plus a lot of white families have somewhat racist older relatives like grand parent that may have grown up in a racist house hold.

What Girls Said 6

• This isn't true for all white women.
    But all my white high school female friends were told not to date black guys, so, I'm sure some have been trained to automatically friend zone a guy.

• Fuck their parents then

• Right, that's what I said. And they wonder why I don't like their parents...

• The black guy in my HS class didn't find it hard to go out with Black/Arab/White chicks lol he was confident smart and funny, the key is there!

• No, this is not true.

• Not true. I'm a white girl and have liked a handful of black guys. A guy is a guy lol.

• 0|0
  • Lol no, not true at all.

What Guys Said 8

• When it really comes down to it.. Men are men and women are women. I know this oversimplifies things because there are loads of other factors but we are living in an increasingly diverse world. Interracial relationships and marriages are growing exponentially. Seriously just be confident and keep putting yourself out there. I'm sure there will be plenty of white girls and girls of other backgrounds who notice you.

Good luck bro.

• No, it's not true.

• no there's a lot of white girls who date black dudes and I've seen some raelly hot ones.

• I think your mum was trying to break it to you gently...

• Yo yo yo, anyone got some 'o dat heavenly KFC and Watermelon?

• Actually the opposite. Your mom is way off and just trying to cushion your hurt

• White girls loves black boys, latina's love black boys, arab girls love black guys. every race of women prefer black guys over every other race.

• Yes, this is exactly how the world works and no black man has ever dated a white woman, it is the universal truth.

• Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about. Ignore those biracial kids you've been seeing, they're not really there.