How many dates make a relationship serious?

Does 2 dates mean that the relationship is getting serious? How many dates signify that the relationship is more serious?

0|0
12|13

Most Helpful Guy

• vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

No number of dates determine how serious a relationship is. When both of you start making plans of forming a household together is when I would say your relationship is serious. Anything less (which is what many people who consider "serious") is not serious to me. I think this is an unpopular opinion.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Until someone makes it official!

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• The number of dates really doesn't give much indication that a relationship has been formed at all. It's more the connection or bond between two that make a relationship potential.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends... For me i think a serious relationship is when we get past that honeymoon phase. 2-3 dates doesn't really let you see the person for who she/he is.

For me it was when i got her to move in with me and making adjustments to accommodate for her quirky imperfections and vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
  • varies so much, at least for me. but generally after like 3, i take awhile to go exclusive personally.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter how many dates you've gone through with that person, it's still not considered a relationship unless both parties makes it an official one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that after three or four dates, you should have an idea of where things are going.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it becomes a regular activity, rather than something to plan for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love 1 girl.. Others just for sex or dating

0|0
    0|0
  • When sex comes in to play.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id say 5 to 7 dates

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not the quantity, it's the quality. I say when you both go to pound town together, shit is getting real..

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it's serious when you both have the talk and agree that it's serious

0|0
    0|0
  • I can get married after 1 date, but they have to fill out the pdf, and qualify, there is a provisional period for engagement before the marriage is finalized.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I'd say a relationship is 'serious' once you agree on making it exclusive and official. Define the relationship, so to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't serious until you two discuss taking it further. Until then, it's just casual dating.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it has anything to do with the number of dates. I think it depends on how well you get to know each other, what each of you want going forward and the connection you share.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, sometimes one date is all you need, but realistically I would say 4-6 dates

1|0
    0|0
  • Like 5 or more

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no set amount but after about the 4th or 5th date (or earlier), it's usually a good idea to have a talk about the relationship and how both of you see it. It helps prevent one or both of you from getting hurt because of misunderstandings.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say 3 or 4 too. Just ask though! When I start to get feelings for a guy, I ask if he's seeing other people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd think at least 5-7 you have a good idea if you want to be exclusive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Define when it is a date or just friends hanging out?

0|0
    0|0
  • After 3 months of seeing the guy at least 3 times a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating is not a relationship but being exclusive is a relationship

0|0
    0|0