How many dates make a relationship serious?

Does 2 dates mean that the relationship is getting serious? How many dates signify that the relationship is more serious?

Most Helpful Guy

• vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

No number of dates determine how serious a relationship is. When both of you start making plans of forming a household together is when I would say your relationship is serious. Anything less (which is what many people who consider "serious") is not serious to me. I think this is an unpopular opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Until someone makes it official!

What Guys Said 12

• The number of dates really doesn't give much indication that a relationship has been formed at all. It's more the connection or bond between two that make a relationship potential.

• It depends... For me i think a serious relationship is when we get past that honeymoon phase. 2-3 dates doesn't really let you see the person for who she/he is.

For me it was when i got her to move in with me and making adjustments to accommodate for her quirky imperfections and vice versa.

• varies so much, at least for me. but generally after like 3, i take awhile to go exclusive personally.

• It doesn't matter how many dates you've gone through with that person, it's still not considered a relationship unless both parties makes it an official one.

• I think that after three or four dates, you should have an idea of where things are going.

• When it becomes a regular activity, rather than something to plan for.

• I love 1 girl.. Others just for sex or dating

• When sex comes in to play.

• Id say 5 to 7 dates

• It's not the quantity, it's the quality. I say when you both go to pound town together, shit is getting real..

• i think it's serious when you both have the talk and agree that it's serious

• I can get married after 1 date, but they have to fill out the pdf, and qualify, there is a provisional period for engagement before the marriage is finalized.

What Girls Said 11

• I'd say a relationship is 'serious' once you agree on making it exclusive and official. Define the relationship, so to say.

• It isn't serious until you two discuss taking it further. Until then, it's just casual dating.

• I don't think it has anything to do with the number of dates. I think it depends on how well you get to know each other, what each of you want going forward and the connection you share.

• It depends, sometimes one date is all you need, but realistically I would say 4-6 dates

• Like 5 or more

• There is no set amount but after about the 4th or 5th date (or earlier), it's usually a good idea to have a talk about the relationship and how both of you see it. It helps prevent one or both of you from getting hurt because of misunderstandings.

• I'd say 3 or 4 too. Just ask though! When I start to get feelings for a guy, I ask if he's seeing other people.

• I'd think at least 5-7 you have a good idea if you want to be exclusive.

• Define when it is a date or just friends hanging out?

• After 3 months of seeing the guy at least 3 times a week.

• Dating is not a relationship but being exclusive is a relationship