(Be very honest) What are some of the reasons why you wouldn't date a black women or man?

Yes I'm black but I never been In a relationship with any race other then a Black man... when I was in school white guys called my hair French fries... or spaghetti head because they where in braids or nickname me ghetto names like Shaniqua all black girls are not ghetto like really and when I mean school I mean a university college... I guess I'm asking this because I want to start dating other races besides blacks... so guys/girls please give me honest reasons... cause now days even black guys don't want to date us 0.0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would most likely not (because I can't say "wouldn't ever") date a black woman because generally speaking black women are more aggressive, violent, loud, and in your face. I realize all black women aren't ratchet ghetto hoes so I am not saying it wouldn't be an option, but I would make sure to look out for warning signs.

• Thank you for not assuming this was a personal attack of any kind.

Most Helpful Girl

• I probably wouldn't date a black man because I'm not attracted to black features. I don't mean the pigment of the skin, but blacks typically have large lips, large noses, more prominent features. That being said... I wouldn't be attracted to a white man or Asian man or latin man who had these features either.

It doesn't have to so with pigment of the skin... because as a pasty white girl, I'd love nothing more than some pigment in my life LOL.

No matter the race, if they had the features I was attracted to and shared my values and life goals... I would date them.

What Guys Said 27

• If she's not what I want in a woman, not attractive, and has a different culture, then I won't date her.
    If she has the most important items in the list (same list for every race), then I'd date her.

• for me race usually isn't a thing i consider but most black women i am not attracted to because of either a very ghetto personality or attitude and I just dont like some of their hair. I do find black women like nicole beharie attractive because i just really like her hair LOL i know pretty dumb

• Same reasons I would turn down a person of any other ethnicity.

-lack of intelligence
    -lack of common ground
    -lack of physical attraction
    -lack of direction in life
    -smoker
    -male

None of that really changes with ethnicity.

• I see...

• I think the only reason I have never dated a black girl is because I live in an area where there are not a lot of black people. I have dated Chines, Peruvian, Costa Rican, Mexican, Japaneses, Irish, and now German.

• I'm White and I've never dated a black woman, but I don't see why I wouldn't start today, if the girl was fun to talk to, smells decent and is reasonable looking than cool your on the list of potential girlfriends. for me as long as you don't look like the embodiment of a disease and smell like shit, than i don't see why not. but that's just me, there are to many people who will turn a blind eye just because of your skin color. but me i'm color blind in both eyes (Figuratively) so it doesn't matter to me.

• The ONLY reason I would have for not dating specifically a black woman is because I was not attracted to her. I don't consider race at all when dating someone so she would be treated like any other girl I was (not) interested in.

• I have nothing against dating anyone of any race. It is worth pointing out however that a lot of people are more attracted to people of a certain race, often their own. It's no different to preferring a different hair colour, or finding certain accents sexy.

• Hair and skin color, facial features,

They like to hide behind and tell the world it's because of their ''preference''.

K, white bot, well played.

• It depends on the individual girl. With that being said I haven't met a girl who was my type I'm more of a piercied nerdy rocker and haven't met too many black girls that were really compatible with that. But if I met one and liked her than I would go out with her without giving her race a single thought

• i would date a black woman providing she wasn't a hot head and providing she doesn't have a problem with black men. i dont like how some black women feel the need to shoot venom against black men.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with my own race but i never complain about all the women of my race.

• White men generally have more self respect then white women.
    A large number of white women (especially online) suffer from internalized racism and many other mental problems. and have no problem making people into a fetish or being one themselves. and will degrade themselves to no end. But still try to play the victim and heroine lol
    But white guys do date black women, and every other kind. Dont know why people dont notice that. Guess they are not as big of attention whores either.

• I'll go for any race besides black just to try something different

• Thats ok, long as its a healthy relationship for healthy reasons you will never degrade yourself or others lol
      And now that i look at this answer, i worded it all wrong and it looks like i mean all white people. I meant from the ones online i see talking about it all the time, especially on Tumblr and places like that. they have problems.

• Demographically there aren't many where I live, only reason ✌

• I would. Just not around many these days - not many work in tech. My workplace is about 88% male so women of any shade are rare.

• i mean if i can connect with someone that doesn't matter... i am not that into American women in general.

I have been involved with dominican ladies (black) found them very loving and comfy.

• because it's disgusting

• I never had the chance to date a black girl. I don't know or barrely see any over here

• The main reason is that there aren't many of them here in Australia.

• eh none... I don't care about skin colour

• Ph... id love to date a black chick.

• If I like the person and I would be open to it

• The cultural barriers are the biggest reason I stay away from black women. That, and the fact that black women tend to value white men less than women of any other race. There's absolutely no reason for me to go around begging black women to give me the time of day when there are plenty of white, Asian, and Latin girls who see the positive aspects in me rather than the negative.

• I am not as attracted to dark skin tones. I don't even like it when white girls tan. I am most attracted to the women that are called pale and seen as unattractive for being too light. I also strongly prefer long hair which isn't as common in black women. Although if she wears hair extensions or something it pleases me just as much as if she had naturally long hair.

• It's really rare that a black women has a compatible personality with mine.

• I grew up in a place where blacks are very racist toward whites and treated us like crap. So I have negative feeling toward blacks and dating one just isn't appealing to me.

• Ugly. Black culture

• I'd be afraid of her being a size queen, since I'm below average.

• At a glance I'll probably assume we have less in common than I would someone of my own skin color. She will likely assume the same. Other than that, nothing really. If there's sparks there are sparks.

• (be very honest)

Long explaination:

1. Im usually more attracted to lighter skin and prefer straight hair independent of race. Their facial features, on average appear more masculine to me.

2. I'm put off by getto stereotypes. Despite the reality that stereotypes aren't always true, they would prevent me from asking her out if I didn't already know the girl.

3. Ties into ghetto stereotypes, their reputation for being more slutty. Once again, not always true but I have it in the back of my mind if I don't already know they girl.

4. That they are more likely to be size queens who prefer dicks over 7inches. Nothing wrong with that preference but I don't want to attempt to date a girl when I know I can't satisfy her and don't have what she's looking for. I don't want her to settle for me or lower her preferences, it would only lead to problems down the road.

short explanation: I'm a lazy, insecure jerk.

What Girls Said 14

• because none of em ever asked, and the only one that did played me like a fucking violin.

• omg don't worry i read the question wrong.

anyway there's no reason i wouldn't date a black man. i find em very attractive. if i had an issue with one, it'd most likely be a personality thing.

• In all honesty I never saw a reason why people shouldn't be allowed to date outside their race. I also understand, and this has happened to me, that when I (being a white female) dated a black man and we went out publicly I was given cynical looks by almost every person there. So be prepared to have some pretty harsh treatment from others if you date outside your race. Your friends will try to discourage you from it, and his friends won't really think of you as a friend. This is my opinion of course, but it has happened to me before.

• I have dated a black guy, but he was really judgmental on my religion and my politics. He also refused to be seen in public with me, like at a restaurant.

• Its more of an I don't like black culture rather than how the person looks. Like the whole slang thing or rap music. But I guess I would date a black person if they were indie

• I like black guys! They are sweet hearts.

• I honestly don't see anything speaking against it except from the fact that I already have a girlfriend who I obviously wouldn't cheat on lol. She's Korean by the way.

• Me = bi-serial dater.

I have + do date black men & women.
    Super hot.

• I think it's very hard for interracial couples to date, many have stigmas that they should let go of. I can't really say an honest opinion as my only interactions have been in areas with individuals who talk like "imma fu** this hoe" or ni**** ni**** ni****. I don't like that, I think it's rude and disrespectful.
    If I found a nice guy and he happened to be black that wouldn't be a deal breaker, I'd want to see if our interests and personalities matched up. There's great guys out there no matter the racial or ethnic background.
    Im sorry they called you mean nicknames.

• I just came to read the answers lol good luck on dating!

• I can't think of a reason.

Being ratchet? Lol

• Honestly! I'm not racist. I just feel as my own race (I'm white) that I should marry a white person! However, I know people who who are white and they marry blacks! Asians who marry whites. I don't see ANYTHING wrong with it. Me personally I wouldn't do it. I've never been attracted to a guy of a different race before.

• I'm from a more rural, lower middle class area and most black guys I've met are city guys. I've never dated any white city guys and hardly any suburban guys, either. I just feel so mismatched with them - it seems that our experiences and interests are so different.

• The smell...
    ...

• Just not attracted to black men, period.