How important is physical attraction?

I met this guy at a party and I wasn't physically attracted to him. But the more we've talked and gotten to know each other; the more comfortable I feel. We've spent a lot of time going out, to the movies or dinner and I find that I am happy when I am around him. I've dated men in the past that were 9's or 10's on an attractive scale; but they never made me feel good about myself. This guy I am with now is maybe 3 or 4, but he makes me feel loved. A lot of people ask me why I would go out on dates with him and I say that he makes me happy. My question is, does there have to be that physical attraction there for a lasting relationship; or is it possible to have love for someone and not have the physical attraction there?

What Guys Said 3

• You feel happy with him, so you clearly don't need physical attraction to feel happy with a guy.
    Usually, in most cases, there has to be physical attraction in order for things to work. I once broke up with a girl cause I didn't feel attracted to her, but it doesn't seem to be the case with you.
    The only problem I see happening is sex. Sex is very important in a relationship, and if you don't feel attracted to him, you may not want sex, or not as much as him, and that'll cause problems.

• There does need to be physical attraction as sex will inevitable occur. He seems like perfect friend material but not boyfriend material.

• Depends on the person, if it works for you then you really shouldn't worry about what other people think. But I couldnt really date someone who I wasn't physically attracted to, Id just want to be friends with them.

What Girls Said 0