Is it creepy if I friend request a guy I saw at a party but didn't meet?

There's this really cute guy at a party I was at a couple weeks ago. He is associated with a cultural fraternity, and I'm in a cultural sorority (Same ethnicity). He is friends with a lot of the frat guys we know and I saw him at the party and smiled at him invitingly. Then 20 minutes later, I went to the kitchen to get a cup and saw him on my way there, and while passing by, I smiled again. He then went into the kitchen and kind of stood by me, but didn't make a move. I kind of gave up and went back outside where the rest of the party was.
I saw him on facebook and am wondering...
Is it creepy if I friend request him? Is he just not into me if he didn't approach me? He doesn't really seem shy but I don't know if i would even want to be with a shy guy.

What Guys Said 1

• Most men aren't creeped out as readily as most women. That being said, I think it's a good idea to get to know him better before you friend request him. It's entirely possible he might think, "Who the heck is this?" if you never met.

• What if I don't ever see him again? Or if I do, it may not be for a long long time

• If you never see him again, then you'll get over him. Of course, I suppose you could take steps to try to see him again, couldn't you?

What Girls Said 1

• Life is too short to wonder about a FB request. I say go for it. You have nothing to lose and only to gain becauae even if it doesn't work out, you still tried and did what you could :)