To be honest it can have different meanings:
- She really likes your company and wanted to contribute by reaching out her purse.
- The date was a disaster and she doesn't want to see you again
- It can be either one of them and so you're unsured
Yes, I've asked out two guys in the past. I wouldn't have mind paying for the whole date (I believe whoever asks on the first date pays, then the 2nd or more it's splitting) and it was really them that insisted on helping out.
Anyways I've done that once when I was asked out. For me it was really # 2. He had a disgusting table manner, eating as if he was in some type of competition, sauce dripping from his mouth and burped (didn't even say excuse me or covered his mouth) and even grosser: talking with his mouth full of food. On top that, talking about an ex girlfriend.
- She's liked the date and there will be another dateVote A
- She didn't like the date and doesn't want to see you againVote B
- It can be either of them, you won't know till there is a 2nd dateVote C