Boyfriend and I got into an argument while driving home. I thought I was calmly explaining, then he did the stuff below. What would you do?

Right when I got off the car, he sped off. He could have hit me. When I called him, he started yelling, "Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!"

Then in his anger, he said he will never marry me. He said he'd rather jump off a bridge than marry me.

When I got home, I realized that my thumb was bleeding, and my hands were shaking uncontrollably.

Two days later, he sent me a message saying he is sorry, he needs time to think, and he cares deeply about me and wants me to be happy. I haven't responded.

What would you do? Any advice would help. Please.

We went to a wedding reception, and I freaked out after the reception. I told him I'm not sure if we're good fit, but I care about him. I realized that now. I just wish we could have talked calmly. He just got so angry. I said I was sorry I brought it and that I loved him. I may have messed up, but I wish we could communicate.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• No idea. You know more about his personality than anybody else. Based off of what you told us though it sounds like he has an uncontrollable anger problem. Not sure I could every be mad enough at a girl to where I speed off and almost hit her. Maybe, if we knew partially what the fight was about we could see if his anger is possibly justifiable.

• Should I respond to his email, or just give him space? There's nothing I can do or say right now that would change anything. He says he needs time, but in the interim, he wanted me to know he cares about me deeply and wants me to be happy.

• He sent me an email saying he was sorry and cares for me deeply and wants me to be happy. I feel like I should respond.

• According to your original post he also said "he needs time" to think. Do what you want though.

• My LDR says me the same the way she treet me is like a hell I wish. No girls treat there guy like so poor. I can't forget my rest of life. Still when I think I feel frustrated I can't eat my food and it's been 5 month or 6 that she going to call the police because of hrashment

• An argument about what?

I could say he has an anger problem, but whether you were calm or not I would still wonder what worked him up so much.

Either way, it doesn't sound like he handles his anger very well.

• We went to a wedding reception, and I freaked out after the reception. I told him I'm not sure if we're good fit, but I care about him. I realized that now. I just wish we could have talked calmly. He just got so angry. I said I was sorry I brought it and that I loved him. I may have messed up, but I wish we could communicate.

What Girls Said 1

• itd help to know what actually happened. the fight., hat you said. what he said.

bu still, thats major central issues. i dont think id want to be with someone that can't control themeless. disagreements will occur. is he going to pull that every time? its dangerous. and disrespectful.,

• We went to a wedding reception, and I freaked out after the reception. I told him I'm not sure if we're good fit, but I care about him. I realized that now. I just wish we could have talked calmly. He just got so angry. I said I was sorry I brought it and that I loved him. I may have messed up, but I wish we could communicate. The reason I wasn't sure was because of this anger issue: when he got too mad, he'd hit the wall, or when he is playing a game, and he loses, he'd throw the remote control at the television.