Is it wrong to keep my unattractive boyfriend around for practice until I find my Mr. Right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure it's wrong but let's be honest. Most girls do this. They have some guy as a backup plan. There was a survey that said that 50% of women had a backup guy if the relationship didn't work. What I don't understand is that your there. Why are you still there? Your falsely leading him. Imagine if you find this Mr. Right and he did the same thing to you. How would you feel? By the way, I see that your 25 - 29. Your getting close to the hill now and you want to settle down. You sound desperate right now. See boys, girls have the power until their late 20's and then it shifts to us guys when we are in our late 20's early 30's.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is wrong to tactlessly, carelessly use someone knowing that you plan on disposing of them sooner or later. If you are sincere in asking whether this is wrong or right then that most likely means your moral compass is completely broken or it doesn't exist. That's what you need to be focused on instead of focusing on which man is in your life. With your value system, it doesn't matter what man is in your life: you will never have the depth it requires to mentally, emotionally, and spiritually satisfy them. Another woman will always outshine you because of what's missing from your heart. So I suggest you stop focusing on men and focus on yourself because it looks like you have some legitimate work to do.

What Guys Said 41

• The fact you have to ask this question is disturbing.

YES it's wrong. It's leading him on and supplying false hope. That's called using and taking advantage of someone.

I suppose it would be ok if you will pay for all future dates and provide him with awesome sex multiple times a day, as well as wax his car once a week. At least he gets something out of the deal. Then you can practice all you want on him til Mr Right comes along.

What kind of sociopath are you? My goodness!

• of course it's wrong and you know it's wrong that's why you're asking...

• Damn what a b... xD

Of course it's wrong -_-

• Lol "for practice" ... I'm judging you so harshly right now miss anon from hell lmao

• How would you like it if a guy you saw as "Mr right" thought you were unnatractive and just kept YOU around for practice until he found someone better?

• If he was unattractive you won't have been with him in the first place.

• Some women specifically date a guy less attractive than them as a way to guarantee he won't leave her or treat, because he's likely to never find someone as "good" as her. It's shitty, but a lot of girls do this

• Yes, it's dishonest.

• Are you Satan?

• Yes stringing someone along is really shitty. I'm sure he has a feeling you're doing it too.

• It's not practice and it sounds more like being desperate to have anybody in your life. Sorry to say but it is wrong to toy with someone's feeling like that.

• why dont you just dump him and become a SLUT that way you get more practice since you seem OK with usery

• nah, it's not wrong.

once you ditch him, he'll probably find someone ten times better than you after he's got over it. plus he will have the practice himself, while you partner up with someone equally vain, superficial and shallow who truly deserves you and likewise (you truly deserve him).

• Depends on how you're playing him. If you're up front about it and he knows then I see nothing wrong.
    If you're doing what I assume you're doing which is exactly what you wrote and he hasn't a clue about it then I find it very wrong...

• Yeah it's bad but before u search for Mr right
    Are you miss right?

• If you didn't like him in he first place, why did you ever go out with him? Out of pity? Besides maybe he is just not attractive to you. And if you are taking this view on what your friends have said, then you tfuely don't know yourself

• yeah it is and it's something women tend to do. Lets face it, how many girls do you know that would be single if they could stand to be alone or afford to live by themselves?

• Yes. Using someone and playing with their emotions is always wrong. I hope someone does that to you one day so you realize how wrong it is

• Yes.
    Yes!
    YES!
    What kind of question is that?
    That's HORRIBLE.

• Poor guy, I feel so sorry for him ;(

• if both of you enjoy and agree, do it. But to intentionally harm another human, dotn do it.

• Mr Right on GAG: Hey guys is it wrong i keep using this girl for sex until I get back together with my ex-GF?

• it´s not wrong, if he knows that. otherwise you´re betrying him.

• Odds are if you're using an unattractive guy for practice at 25+ then you'll never find mr right.

• Yes. You're toying with his feelings.

• Very wrong, it's abusing manipulative and destructive.

• thats very wrong -

just tell him honestly that you dont want a relationship just nasty bootycall, dont lead him on.

• Absolutely it is

• Nope! That's what "boyfriends" and "girlfriends" are technically. Practice until you find "the one".

• its right if some guy would use you and after left you?

• Just say to him you don't want a relationship, but only a special friendship.

Done.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 25

• What makes you think you're so attractive?

If you were you would have found the hot guy of your dreams already. There's a reason why unattractive men have the confidence to speak to you.
    It's because you're on their level.

now I'd get my head out of my own ass If I were you

• Do you really have to ask this? How would you feel if someone guy led you on until he found someone better than you?

What a terrible heart you must have. Not only are you lying to him, but you are settling and cheating yourself out of some growth. You don't HAVE to be with someone. Don't you know how to be a happy individual?

What make you think "practice" with this guy will prepare you for someone completely different? That's like saying, "If I practice the piano, it will prepare me for swimming!" The truth is, the guy you are with has a unique way of living that will in no way, prepare you for life with a completely different guy.

I feel sorry for you. Girls like you settle for less, because they can't handle being single. Then you end up in crappy relationships.

What kind of Mr. Right... aka a decent man... is going to want to be with a girl like you who uses people because she's selfishly only thinking about HER needs? You'd make the worst wife ever LOL!!!

• That is so wrong, on so many levels. Imagine if he was thinking the exact same thing about you... wouldn't be nice, right?

• yes it is, because you are depriving him of his chance to find Mrs. Right.

Just do yourself a favour and let him go. Don't be a lousy person.

• that s stupid, arrogant, selfish, egoist, disrespectful, mean.
    bitch.
    I have to say it, you asked for it.

• @Red_Arrow lol man :P who told you they are unattractive? ^^

• Aker called him her unattractive boyfriend. You said you might even join in with them. So asker said he was unattractive.

• Yes, leading a person on is virtually the cruelest thing you can do. Read a few self help books, rub one out, and wait for the right guy. Don't ruin that current boyfriend for the sake of your own selfishness.

• LOL... so he's literally Mr. Good Enough for RIGHT Now?

http://replygif.net/i/487.gif

• If he knows you're not looking anything serious with him, it's okay.
    If you're making him believe he's the one, you're a bitch.

• Wow. This might be one of the most selfish things I've ever read here.
    Don't waste his time. Let him go so he can find his better kinder Mrs. Right.

• There's so much to reply to this question but I won't haha... to keep it simple yes, it's very wrong.

• That is really fucked up. You sound like a shallow person. Your boyfriend deserves better.

• I read this and wanted to vomit! This is the reason men don't trust us, dishonest women like you who DGAF! *facepalm* You're embarrassing. I hope you aren't really asking this question and you're actually just a troll:(

• Yes it is wrong. Of course dating is full of trial and error. Not everyone is compatible. You wouldn't want someone doing that to you. That's just fucked up.

• Do YOU think it is wrong? I think you are full of it.

• no. it's hurting both of you.
    you may have been spotted by your mr. right yesterday but he saw that you were taken and gave up on you.

that was your chance.

• YOu're asking this because you know it's wrong.

• So people do actually do this? Wow

• My brother's ex-boyfriend did that to her. And I hated her for it. So I hate you to.

• yea its very wrong!

1.) you're pretty much using him which is wrong
    2.) if you're willing to be with someone you don't like then that just means you're desperate, and don't know how to be alone

• uhhhhhhhhhhh maybe. stop leading him on if you feel nothing. you can practice without being in a relationship with someone. think about it

• No don't do that, if you are not happy break up!

• Does anyone not smell the stink of a TROLL?

• Yes its wrong. You're using him

• Absolutely wrong. Why are you even asking this, you're using the poor guy of course that's horrible!! How can you even think of asking this. Wow. Just wow. Smh.