Is it wrong to keep my attractive boyfriend around for practice until I find my Mr. Right?

Basically I have little to zero experience... in other words, never kissed a guy (until I kissed him), still a virgin, and barely have been on dates, and I'm 20.

I am attractive to him, and I know he is attractive to me, but I don't know If I see him as "that guy" that I consider a life partner or someone I want a long term relationship with.

I like everything about him and I like going out with him. But I feel like I would eventually break up with him (or maybe the other way around). Is it wrong to kind of use him as "practice/experience"?

And yes I know that the title of the question looks similar to another question that was posted recently.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say no. Having a practice mate is wrong, and unless he would be good enough for you to be perfectly happy to marry, things between you two could get way too high before you met your Mr. Right. (Unless you plan to drop your practice mate when it feels things are getting out of hand, which would be terrible)
    You'll just have to wait for Mr. Right.
    It's terribly hard, I know. I've been waiting for my Ms. Right for so many years, but I know I can do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Imagine that its done to you... YOU fell in love with that person... YOU saw him as your future husband... YOU wanted him forever... And then suddenly, when you think thongs are going perfect he comes to you and tells you " uhm, I'm really sorry.. But I realized that you aren't Mrs. Right... Lets break up... I only stayed with you as an practice... It was just a short game... Sorry " ... HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU FEEL? If it was mw I would kill that person... Ok I won't.. But I will definitely be sooo afraid to love until a long time and it would be really hard... Don't do this to him... Just break up, his heart isn't a toy.. The sooner the better.. And he could move on faster... But one thing... When you break up and realize that he might have been the right guy... Don't go back to him once he had already moved on.. It REALLY hurts...

• Oh fuck... I meant THINGS ARE GOING PERFECT... Sorry 😳😅😆

What Guys Said 12

• It just makes you a user that's pretty cut and dry

• If you don't think the relationship is going anywhere, and ONLY want it for practice, then yes it's wrong.
    But if you just don't think it will last but would like it to AND want some practice, then you're probably okay.

• Yes you shouldn't make anyone a "practice/expirience" if you don't think you can have a meaningful relationship don't drag him along

• Think about how you would feel if somebody did that to you.

• It happens most of the times. There is only one 'special guy' and the rest will naturally fall in this category. Its fine but its not right if he's in love with you and is expecting this to go further into marriage.

• If you don't feel like he is the right one to be with, Then why are you wasting his time?

• Yes it's totally wrong.

• Yup. You're definitely a shitty person.

• And not have sex with him? Just keep him around as a fuck toy? YES!!! IT IS WRONG.

• Not at all wrong as long as you two communicate well.

• yes its fucking wrong! while you're stringing him along, he's missing out on finding a girl who loves him.

• I would say its wrong, but I've done the same shit, so I can't really blame you.

What Girls Said 2

• It's really not a difficult thing to figure out.

If you find "Mr Right" and he choose to use you as practice, how would that make you feel?

• It is wrong but it is also quite practical at the same time. Do whatever you want. It's your choice. Most people would stay in the relationship till someone better came along, if that makes you feel better.