Is it wrong for a woman to want a financially stable partner after going years supporting a man?

If the girl was with someone for X amount of years and the entire relationship she was the one bringing in all of the money and providing for not only herself but him as well; do you think it is acceptable for this woman to in turn want a financially stable partner who can help her out with finances for a change?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men should be financially stable period and pay for everything or he has no business with a woman. This applies to men 35 and over

• I agree to some extent of this! I truly believe that both partners in the relationship should have financial stability. I don't mind paying for things or meeting half way! I went almost 10 years supporting my ex (I got paid a ton more than him), so now I am looking for stability all the way around; including financially.

• I believe if a man cannot provide the necessities then he has no business dating. In fact men should pay for all dates etc. Women go through enough to justify this. Also women have to spend lots of money for makeup and feminine supplies and thays not cheap.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. Nothing wrong with it. It's normal and quite reasonable.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, it is only fair! It is a double income society anymore. Love doesn't pay the bills! Both should work and generate income!!!

• Well think about it from their perspective. Should they support you financially because you supported your ex financially? No, that doesn't make any sense, and honestly they are not gonna give a shit about that because it doesn't affect them.

But... I dont think its wrong to want a guy who will financially support you, it just depends on what you have to offer in exchange of that financial support. I'd be happy to financially support a woman who cooked for me, went shopping, took care of the kids, etc. while I was working. But if she just wanted to sit on her ass doing nothing while I worked, then I wouldn't want to support her.

• I didn't mean for them to financially support me. I meant to meet me half way with finances. I should have further specified.

• Oh okay, my mistake. And that's completely normal, reasonable and acceptable. There is nothing wrong with having financial stability as one of your standards when looking for someone to date.

• It's not wrong as long as she is honest about it...

... and as long as she accepts that some men will only go for women who give good head because he was with someone for X amount of years and the entire relationship she never gave him good head.

• Nothing wrong with that

• It isn't but it would be wrong to actually have have those expectations from him as he wasn't responsible for what you went through. But if he dosnt mind then why not

• To expect an equally financially stable partner is completely reasonable.

What Girls Said 0