I'm an Atheist thats in love with a catholic Nun, I need advice?

I’m an Atheist who is in love with a catholic Nun. I have known her since we were in middle school. When I was 15 I moved and we lost contact. Now I’m 25 and I moved back and started going to a local university. My university did a charity with a church and she was there as a Nun. We met again for the first time since we were teens and we ended up spending a lot of time together. It was a 4 month event. We fell involve with each other. She cried telling me she’s in love with me and that she would want to spend the rest of her life with me and I want to marry her also. She told me crying that she already made a promise to God and she can’t go back because it’s a sin and she afraid of hell.

A few weeks later I was waiting for her at the charity event like always and her priest came up to me and said "She won't be comming here anymore, and you need to stay away from her and she’s forbidden to see you because you're a spawn of satan and she's married to the church and can't engage in spiritual adultery with a unmoral Athiest like youself, she's commited to God" I wanted to punch him so bad. Religion has never bothered me but after experiencing its really getting to me. I tried moving, I have tried dated again but no woman I have met makes me happy like her. I just don’t feel compatible with any other girls. She understands me in a way I never thought someone could and now I’m stuck and I wish I could just move on but I can’t stop my feelings for her. No matter where I go and what I do I feel her with me, I don't want to lose her. She wants to be with me but she's afraid of hell and of her church punishing her, she really bealives in her conviction, I don't want to force her out of her bealifs but in another sense it seems her bealifs are making her unhappy, scared and depriving her from marrying me, a person she loves and cares for. I want nothing more than to make her happy and I want to be with

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing much you can do - it's up to her to decide what to do. There's no way to compromise here. She either chooses her beliefs or you.

I think it's a much better option if she chooses you and happiness, but I'm another atheist bound for hell lol, so what do I know.

Good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an atheist but I just looked this up for you so here's what I learned. Nuns can be released from their vows. The church typically asks that they take some time to think it over and be sure that they are making the right choice. Leaving the order does not condemn them to hell. Leaving the order to marry a man and start a family is surprisingly common.

If I were you I would write her a letter stating your intentions. Tell her that you love her and wish to marry her, and reassure her that leaving the order would not be a betrayal and she would not go to hell. Tell her again how much you love her and wish to be with her, and that if she decides to leave the order you will be there for her during the transition.

What Girls Said 7

• Drag her to hell with you

• This is so sad!!! Why did she become a nun, I feel like crying :'( I'm sorry dude, it's like a movie and my hormones and all ukhh! I think you should move on </3 it breaks my heart to tell you this!

• Thanks, I feel that I need to move on also, it seems she's going to choose Religion over me, it just makes it hard for me because the very least I would move on if I felt it truly makes her happy, but it seems like she's choosing church out of fear of hell vs doing something she loves

• This is so beautiful. This happened for a reason. You met her again for a reason. If you feel this way get what you want. I can't tell you how but you can. Do what's inside of you. This happened for a fucking reason. You need to be with her. You know how you do. Don't be scared or worried or "what if this". No. Do it

• no wonder you are attracted her : self value and commited

• There's not much you can do... Sorry...

• You did what u could, is her choice now

• Catholic nuns can't have sex

What Guys Said 7

• Let me tell you a story, I live next to a nun, and she has issues. Growing old, on your own is not good for anyone and realising god doesn't answer your prayers, in isolation without the intimacy of another person really screws you up. She is in her late 40's and a weirdo.

So leave her, she obviously loves her vision of god more than you

• This is why I can't stand religion when religion gets to the point where it restricts and controls your life it is no longer religion. It's inprisonment.

We should be free to live our lives freely, not binded by the 'laws' of religion.

• Buddy, get your head straight. Go Reborn, if you do. Don't regret it. Of you don't want to. Move on. Plenty of mileage left in your life.

• Some religious people are fucking crazy
    All people who don't believe in God are fucking satanists makes sense

• If they don't believe in God, they don't believe in Satan either, but I wouldn't expect a dipshit teenager to understand anything outside what mommy and daddy has told him.

• @Dindu_Nuffin you're only 6 years older than me lol.
      i'm saying what SOME* christians say about some people

*some not all don't take words out of context

• Sounds like her church has control over her and wants you to stay away. Maybe she make her own choice then being forced to do something that will make her unhappy in the end.

• cool story brah.

• Then be a christian! !!