Girls, have you ever asked out a guy and been rejected?

Terpic

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Kinda? My senior year of high school (2014), I asked a guy to prom. (I KNOW, WHERE DID MY COURAGE COME FROM). He respectfully declined saying he was busy the night of prom. After that I avoided him... And he wrote in my yearbook apologizing for prom. Now I have it on paper and I can never forget it...

But to put it in words, I don't think it's a bad thing to be rejected. Sometimes it just give you this thought that maybe the guy you like isn't really that great. I remember my guy friend saying I should go and tell the guy I like that I like him and if I get rejected so what... So I can like freely and so I can learn from it. Not everything can go the way I want it to, but I learn that rejection isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's like, "I miss this chance, but a better chance will come my way"; that kind of thing.

XxI'm not even sure if I answered the question///

What Girls Said 12

• yes I have!

• Yes, I have.

• Yea and never again Will i

• No I have not.

• Not yet. I'm waiting for the day. Then I'll know for sure I ain't sh*t.

• Once, in high school. Never will I be the first one to confess again.

• Yes it has happened.

• I think in middle school or high school. But never again!

• Yea. He flat out told me no
    I was quite upset

• Yes, but mine was for external reasons (or so I hope) I'm still talking to him and waiting things out. I should probably move on but I don't want to /:

• Does this count? I am in middle school and asked him on a date maybe later in the future like in twenties and he said "uhhhh... Okay?

• Yep! Told him to have a nice day & moved on with my life.