Would you date an ugly person?

Would you ever give an ugly person a chance even if you didn't find them attractive?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I'd probably give them a chance since ugly people need love too, right? 😊

• Define ugly. Like they have characteristics most don't like or they are someone I personally do not find attractive?

If it's the former depends I've found things attractive that a lot of others don't. If it's the latter no because physical attraction is important and you can't fake it and I'm sure no one wants to feel like they aren't physically desired by their partner.

• If I struggle to kiss them on the cheek.

No I don't think so.

• Inside is what counts.
    If she was fat, I'd do what I could to help until she was satisfied with herself. Maybe date at a gym, or something now and then. The only concern would be things extremely hard to change, like an ugly face... 😥
    Anyways, my answer is Yes. 😊

• If they're ugly to me then I wouldn't. I don't see the point.. I need to feel some attraction to even give it a try.

• It depends on what is being defined as ugly. What kind of person are they? Do they look good as hell, But feel the need to lie to, and manipulate people for their own benefit? Are they superficial? If the answer is yes, Then that would qualify said person to be ugly. In that case, No, I would not date an "ugly" person.

• Define 'ugly'.

• Yeah, you can fail a test and pass the class. It's unlikely though.

• If I'm not attracted to her, I wouldn't date her regardless of her personality

• I need to be slightly attracted to even pursue the option.

• Like who? The Hunchback of Notre Dame?

• Why would I go for someone I'm not attracted to at all? No thanks.

• That all depends on what her body looks like and how combative we are.

• it would be unfair to them if I date them while not finding them attractive

• Sorry, not at all :(

• but looks don't matter? It's inner beauty that counts?

• Beauty is the eye off be holder ! Every body's taste is different an most people go with personality

• I will leave in a week or 2

• This is the awkward unspoken topic nobody wants to answer for fear of sounding shallow.
    I personally have weird tastes, but it really depends on who we're talking about here.
    (Got any examples?)
    I think everyone has their own personal tastes and opinions on beauty, and don't talk about it for fear of sounding shallow.
    I would turn down obese women in favor for more thinner women, and I think women usually do the same turning down obese men... unless they have money...

What Girls Said 23

• Ok i'm sorry, I can definitely deal with average, but I mean honestly: Who isn't intrigued just a bit by looks? I'd date them to not be rude, but if their personality doesn't shine through i'd move on. If they're ugly they have to have a great personality, and looks are just such a big part. I know looks aren't forever but early relationships are based off them. Its complicated but I wouldn't base the whole relationship off looks and dump the guy even though he has an outstanding personality. If he meets my personality requirements.. perfect, but id be a bit disappointed if they were ugly, i'd get over it though.

• No... I have to be attracted to them, to be in a relationship.

• No. I have to be attracted to my future partner. He doesn't have to be a model or anything but I have to find him handsome. Otherwise there's no way I could ever have sexual feelings for him. And that's kind of what separates friendships from relationships, so...

• Umm... sure!

• No. I wouldn't.

• I'm big on personality but there has to be SOME kind of physical attraction there for me to take into consideration.

• No, I wouldn't date someone I wasn't physically attracted to.
    And not because I'm some meanie but because that just wouldn't be fair to either of us.

• yup Absolutely, most of the guys I have liked are not the most attractive guys but their personality makes them a 10 in my book :) For example the guy I'm totally in love with has been called ugly by my friends a thousand time but I can't help but love him. He has this air of being the best guy ever and I fall more and more for him each day

• I don't think I could be intimate which someone I find physically unattractive. It's not really fair on them to be with someone who doesn't even find them appealing. Imagine what that would do to their self-esteem.

• I'm sorry. I would never date someone that I wasn't attracted to. It's not fair to either of us.

• No Way!
    Call me shallow but I have to be attracted to the man!!

• No, I wouldn't date someone I thought was ugly. I need to be physically attracted to him.

• I went on a few dates with a few guys that I found ugly, I thought I would give them a chance but their personalities matched their ugliness so I ended it

• Nope, I wouldn't be able to date someone I'm not attracted to.

• Do you want me to lie? 😐😐
    I'd say yes i would date someone ugly cause i don't care about looks 😊😊
    do you want me to be honest?😅😅
    I'd say no i wouldn't do that cause i really care about looks 😕😕
    ❤️ honest forever ❤️

• I'd have to be attracted to someone to date them.

• Probably not

• No. Looks are important to me.

• No of course no i mean im pretty why would i date someone ugly😩

• its based on their personalty not how they look

• I have a few times before and they never work out. I need to find something attractive about the person. But since beauty is subjective, what one finds unattractive another might like.

• Define it. I am not sure how to respond to it.
    I've been painfully attracted to objectively non-good looking guys before.

• Been there done that