There is a colleague who has asked me out for drinks - he is married and has two kids. How do I say no without making things awkward?

While I would take this as a friendly gesture, he also mentioned he would have invited me to his house if his family didn't live with him. Also, his last compliment was, and I quote, "well, i try to stay professional, but your short hair drove me crazy, and today, you are kind of Disney princess". I'm not down for this at all and I want to let him know that I'm not available.

I really don't know how to go about this without creating an awkward situation. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for the advice, you guys. Guess I'll tell him thank you but let's keep it professional. If he persists, then I'll bring in a fake boyfriend.

What Guys Said 2

• "I don't think that would be a good idea"

• Look u work at a place... if u be rude to him then things may get awkward...
    just be friendly with him but dont discuss ur family things with him... keep it as professional as u can...
    and if possible,... bring the name of ur boyfriend in front of him so that he knows clearly that u have ur man... if not possible, then tell a lie... that u have a boyfriend... at least to keep him away

What Girls Said 1

• You could just say, thank you but lets keep it professional. The last thing you wanna do is insult him in anyway as you don't want to make it awkward.