There is a colleague who has asked me out for drinks - he is married and has two kids. How do I say no without making things awkward?

While I would take this as a friendly gesture, he also mentioned he would have invited me to his house if his family didn't live with him. Also, his last compliment was, and I quote, "well, i try to stay professional, but your short hair drove me crazy, and today, you are kind of Disney princess". I'm not down for this at all and I want to let him know that I'm not available.

I really don't know how to go about this without creating an awkward situation. Any suggestions?

Updates:
Thanks so much for the advice, you guys. Guess I'll tell him thank you but let's keep it professional. If he persists, then I'll bring in a fake boyfriend.

0|0
1|2

What Guys Said 2

• "I don't think that would be a good idea"

3|0
    0|0
  • Look u work at a place... if u be rude to him then things may get awkward...
    just be friendly with him but dont discuss ur family things with him... keep it as professional as u can...
    and if possible,... bring the name of ur boyfriend in front of him so that he knows clearly that u have ur man... if not possible, then tell a lie... that u have a boyfriend... at least to keep him away

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You could just say, thank you but lets keep it professional. The last thing you wanna do is insult him in anyway as you don't want to make it awkward.

1|0
    0|0