Are guys really self conscious about their height? Why?

I've seen a few questions on here about guys feeling self conscious because they are short... And I guess, as an attractive and 5'3 female, I don't have a preference at all. I'm trying to show interest in a guy right now, he's shorter than I am or my height exactly, and now I'm wondering if he feels self conscious about it. I don't get why it's a bad thing I guess... For me it's cooler because we can look at each other straight on and our viewpoints are the same lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at any question where girls give their opinion about it. Usually like over 90% of women refuse to date anyone shorter than them or guys who are shorter than a certain height. Their insecurity isn't some thing they are fabricating in their mind. There's a good reason for their insecurity.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they are. We don't get it because it's one of those things where it's not as important as for guys. I'm 4'11 and I've had crushes on short guys. I think the shortest was like 5'2ish. Not a big deal to me, but he'd get teased over it.

I'm open to dating short guys.

What Guys Said 4

• Short guys often are because they keep getting told girls only like tall men.
    As I'm slightly above average in this area, I've never really been insecure about it personally, but it's not hard to see why others would be.

• Only the one's with no balls I've seen short ass guys go after girls taller than them

• I'm 5 foot 5 inches and very self-conscious about it. I don't approach most women who are close to my height. I believe they will have no interest in me.

• That vast majority of my experience girl always want a guy taller than them and "taller" means 6 foot plus.

And no, I'm not self conscious about my height, that just want I've been presented with 99.99% of the time.

What Girls Said 0