This guy asked me out on a date but I have no money what should I do?

This guy asked me out on a date and I wanna go with him but the problem is I only have $20, the place he wants to go kinda costs quiet a bit between $50-$100 what should I do? He wants to go to a laser tag game and then dinner, should I just say "is it okay if we go when I get a job" or what should I say?

It's a first date

Most Helpful Guy

• Like others have said let him know you're short on cash. I don't see why he'd have a problem paying seeing as how he's the one that asked and set up the date.

Most Helpful Girl

• First, if this is a first date, and the guy has asked you out, he should pay. Not because he is a guy or some other sexism BS, but because he did the asking out and should assume financial responsibility for the date. The same would be true if you had been the one to have asked him out. Second, is he asking you to pay your way or you volunteered to pay your half, which is cool, for the reason you're worried about the money? Either way, be honest. "Look guy, I would really love to go, but I cannot afford at this time to pay my way or for both of us. Do you mind if we go somewhere less expensive for our date." Any civilized human being would still want to go on the date and would offer a counter solution if money is a problem. Good luck and I hope you have fun.

What Guys Said 16

• Tell him that you have a cash flow problem and see what he says. If he's like me, he'll offer to pay or offer an alternative date idea! There's no reason to hold someone's financial situation against them unless they start trying to nickel and dime a person on a regular basis.

• Inform him that you don't have the money but still want to go with him. Tell him you want to wait for when you have the money unless he wants to pay for you. Make it sound like you'd almost prefer to pay but are open to letting him if he wants.

• you can be really honest with the guy...:)

• Say you would love to go but your a bit short on cash right now. How about [insert something free to do] He may offer to pay though

• I would just tell him you want to go, but you are broke right now. If he asked you, he should be paying anyway.

• If he is a normal cool guy he would pay for you and it wouldn't be a problem. If it is a guy who is into gender equality you might be washing some dishes lol.

• Tell him the truth. If he doesn't accept it then it is his loss.

• Be honest tell him about your money problems if you keep quiet he will think you are a parasite only after his money since its him paying

• its the holidays. Like in NYC, you guys can wallk the city, get a pretzel and a soda, or a hot dog, and just walk around.

• Lmaoo these nerds in comments even made this about equality rights and shit. Just tell him that you are short on money if that isn't problem?

• If he asked you out why do you need ANY money?

• Because she apparently actually would want to pay her part if she could but she's out of cash

• @Mesonfielde yes, I got that, I am just not understanding the logic. He asked her out. I could understand were it the other way around.

• Let him pay for it.

• OP, is he hot?

• She told me he looks as good as you

• Even if he did wanna pay, I still feel bad when anyone pays for me

• No.
      he paying = obligatory for non-hotties
      Not paying = hot guys

• Let him pay...

• "Is it okay if we go when I get a job?" LOOOOOOOOL. Please say this.

• Tell him what you have told us. He will understand

What Girls Said 11

• It depends on what your comfort level is like with him. Do you feel far enough with your connection together to actually be transparent and honest by simply letting him know that you can't afford to go on a date like that right now? If so, then just be honest and straightforward with him. If not then make up an excuse, cancel the date, and arrange a cheaper date that suits your budget right now.

• It's our first date but yeah something cheaper like going for a coffee would be way better!

• Yeah that's a good idea thanks!

• You're welcome :) Enjoy your new romance! It's a great time of year to start one.

• Just tell him straight up that right now you don't have the cash to go out on a date like that and mention doing something different that will suit you better :)

• I think you can let him know what your budget is, and then you guys can decide whether to go someplace else (in case he can't afford his plan for both of you) or maybe he'll offer to pay. I think it's always good to be honest.

• TAKE HIM BY THE HAND AND TELL HIM... LET JUST MAKE A PINICI!

• Just be honest and tell him that you're short on cash at the moment. You never know, he might even be relieved that he doesn't have to splurge on an expensive restaurant to impress you.

• "I'd love to go out with you I really would it sounds great. My problem is I can't go Dutch treat. You'll have to foot the bill. If that's okay with you, I'd love to go.!

• yeah you can tell him that. or you can just say you're busy now but you will soon.

• You could suggest an activity that would be in your price range or offer to put in for a tip. If he's asked you on the date, I think he's taking on paying for the date.

• Normally the men take it upon themselves to provide for the woman on a date , covering the cost for transport , drinks and dinner. However if you guys agreed to split the cost and you dont have cash, you could reschedule or suggest a different place

• Tell him you're a little short on cash. He should understand

• Just tell him that you don't have any money for that and suggest something else.