Is 6 years a big age difference?

I'm 18 and this guy that asked me out is 24 is that too big of a age difference to date?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• well my parents are 6 years apart but they met when both were in their twenties. she's always complained that he acted like her dad because he was older than her. Or when they'd have a discussion, he'd act like she didn't know what she was talking about because he was older. I don't see a problem with an age difference but there's a chance later on he'll be trying to act like you parent not your boyfriend. Id personally date someone closer to my age but it could work out. my parents have been together 23 years. So i say to give it a try :)

What Guys Said 2

• at 18, I would say yes... I am totally a different person all since like the last year

• If both people are at least 18 or over in a relationship, then age is irrelavent. What matters is maturity levels. Some 18 yos are more mature than 40 yos and vice-versa.

What Girls Said 1

• If you feel the need to ask then it's too much of a difference for you.