I need help? BADLY?

Okay so I am really into my ex boyfriend, and I told him how I felt and he said that he feels for me as a friend.

And he won't date me again because every time he dates me he said that he hurts me in some way & that he doesn't want to ever hurt me in any way.

Anyways, he started saying that I am one of the best friends he has ever had in his life. And that I am his best friend. And he kept calling me that.

And then he texted me yesterday (I told him how I felt on Tuesday) and we were having a casual conversation. And he said we were like brother & sister? But every time he called me his sister he put a laughing emoji. "😂" it may have been a joke but I'm not sure.

But that doesn't make any sense to me. Because we have dated TWICE.

And then I texted him today, and the whole time I talked to him today he didn't call me his sister at all. And it seemed like he was flirting with me. But I'm not going to go into much detail about that.

What do I do? How can I get him to like me? What does this mean? And don't tell me to move on because I have been having the hardest time. And every time I try to, it's like I just can't. I am strangely attracted to him. I mean of course I think he's cute & he's sweet, & funny. But I've been with better looking guys than him and I am not as nearly as attracted to them as I am to him.

What Guys Said 1

• There isn't anything you can do. He doesn't like you that way

What Girls Said 1

• Sorry, I know you don't want to hear it, but all you can do is get over it. It might be hard, but you can't force someone to be in a relationship with you.
    If you have to, cut off contact, but in the long run, you'll both be better off.