Okay. I don't love my cheating ex anymore. But I can't leave. Why?

I'm not sure if I love him or not. He's cheated on me before and he's said it will never happen again. But I just can't shake the feeling. I don't trust him and I want to leave. Every time I try, he cries and begs for me to stay. I feel bad but it wasn't just one time he's cheated. It was more than once and I can't help but feel he doesn't really love me. We don't live together. He recently got fired and lives with his mom. I feel bad for him and he says I'm all he has. But I'm not happy and don't trust him. I need help. I want out.

Most Helpful Guy

• ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER... ignore this douchebag...
    u will for sure find a loyal person soon...

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• As a former cheater, Im going to say its part of the game... do what is necessary to keep what or Who is there. If he just did it again... you need to put down an ultimatum (which may probably make him more careful but there are many ways to catch a cheater... i won't say em though)
    Also... you also have to look at yourself.. there are only a Few percentage of cheaters (guy or girl) that cheat because its in their nature... the problem may be YOU.
    If he is the first person to cheat on you, check yourself still, check your acts. But if you have been cheated on before... even once... the problem might be you.
    At this point you have to curb your relationship... let it be known that one more time and you are out.. while checking for the reason WHY he went outside your relationship... again.. cheater that commit the act, it doesn't just happen overnight... its probably something that has been said lots of times and you ignored it. Ultimatum, but check. If you think you did nothing wrong... well... thats a problem on its own.
    I don't know the details... but those are the facts..(truth). If you feel some kind of anger towards my opinion... more of a reason to check yourself... truth tends to anger people.

• So you gonna get all mushy every time he falls to his knees, begging? You need to get your priorities straight, honey.

Let's have a look at the facts - he cheated, you don't trust him. That's it. You even said you want to leave. So, by god, slam the door on your way out. No, you are not all he has. He has a butt tonne of problems he is too bitch to deal with, using that as a leverage to persuade you to not leave.

That's not a man, you should take time out and look for a man, instead. Good luck.

• I'm thinking you fear being single again, and you can't choose between being "alone" (which is really just a state of mind), or enduring hardship by being cheated on. Get out of the relationship. It's unhealthy for you physically and mentally, and at this point, you're responsible for your own pain now. Not trying to be mean. You've given him chances and he's failed. You know what will happen if you stay.

• Just go especially now cause he needs to rethink his life and get it together you are only serving as a crutch for him to stand right now!

• Just leave him.

What Girls Said 1

• You should take care of yourself, not him. He hasn't been loyal to you, so why do you have to be loyal to him? He's a grown man, he should fend for himself now that he's crossed you. And you weren't supposed to be his keeper to begin with.