Was it dumb to ask her out over facebook?

OK so I'm a friendly outgoing guy but when it comes to asking girls out I'm really awkward and nervous. There was this cute quiet girl in my class. She would always sit in the back and not talk to anyone. I started trying to talk to her during break but it seem liked it wasn't going anywhere. So I gave up. But then she started trying to talk to me and I thought maybe she liked me.

I invited her to hang out after class one time and she got really excited and said SURE! Then she said oh wait, I have to go do this college thing. I felt rejected but I checked the college website and she really did have to go to it.

Anyways she kept talking to me and giggling a lot. I noticed she never talked to any other guy. I was thinking of asking her for her number but I always felt too nervous. I just asked to add her on facebook the last day.

So I sent her a message inviting her to hang out this weekend but she still hasn't read it and think she never uses facebook. She didn't have it on her phone and had to go home to add me. Or maybe she doesn't like me and just wants to keep away. I dunno. I feel lame I didn't ask for her number. I'm kind of insecure about girls.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think she is that interested. If she was she would have already accepted.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes it is dumb ask them in person or via text once you get the number

• Should talk to her in person instead. She probably didn't check her facebook yet.