Should I press charges against my abusive girlfriend?

I admitted to sleeping with another girl and told my girlfriend. she gave me an evil look, causing me to run away from her. when she caught me after chasing me, she slapped me hard enough to leave a red mark on my cheek and caused me to cry a lot. her slap really hurt me and she stung me with her hurtful actions and her loud voice when she screamed at me. I never got treated so badly. I cheated, but told her I'm sorry. was she too mean to me?

I cried to her best friend the next day and she said "be lucky that wasn't me. I would've sent you to the hospital or would've given you a bloody nose or even a black eye."

why are they like this?

she did dump me and punch me hard as well

Most Helpful Girl

• To be fair, you did cheat so I understand her feelings of anger sine I've been in her shoes before. However, I don't think anyone deserves to be assaulted like that. If you really want to press charges then go for it, but if I were you I would just let it be and learn your lesson. Don't date crazy girls, and don't be a lousy cheater.

• So cheating warrants violence? At least he was honest about it to her. And she delivers a parting blow, too? She was clearly out of control. She needs jail time.

• @SIGguy I think this is evidence that you can't, no?

• @9mfeo No, it isn't. I skimmed it. Now go and insult someone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• Only a pussy would press charges for that. I refuse to be politically correct. Grow a pair of balls. She didn't hurt you. You cheated on her and she slapped you for it, with good reason. You hurt her far more than she hurt you. There are consequences to your actions, but instead of accepting them you go whining and crying about it.

• Thank you!!!

• Well technically she did hurt him, just not as much as to have legitimate proof to press charges based upon.

If she kicked him in the nuts so much that his testicles suffered permanent damage, she'd get jailed, though.

What Girls Said 30

• I honestly feel like this is some guy trying to prove that women can be abusive too, just by the way it was worded etc

If it did happen, you should definitely leave her. Pressing charges is up to you

• To be fair one or two chicks with a lot a number of upvotes did say she did the right thing but I agree I think he's just BSing the whole thing.

• @Octavius yeah they were pissing me off, had an argument with one of them.

• Eh I don't worry about it. Those people will always be there. I don't know about you and your gender but I gave up on trying to make my gender not seem like a bunch of assholes a long time ago. There's just so many...

• um.. u cheated she slapped you bc she felt hurt. what else do you expect? its not abusive unless she beat the shit of you

• If it left a mark lasting more than 24 hours, it is. It's quite frankly bullshit a guy gets put away for this but girl gets off, scot free.

• @AnnabelLee23 "Men are physically stronger than women." A.) that isn't always the case, B.) So? Risking their life through STDs? They'd have to sleep around quite regularly to contract an STD of any kind, he never said he slept with the girl (though what STDs and someone's life being in danger has anything to do with the convo, IDK). That being said, you've reached levels of potato I've never seen before. Congratulations!

• And even then he deserved it

• She's unstable for a relationship if hitting is her way of solving things every time someone causes her an emotional discomfort or under stressful situations. The correct answer would have been to dump you right away and go NC on you.

No reason to hit anyone unless it's a real case of self-defense (ex: someone is trying to hurt you with a knife).

• You deserved to be dumped, not beat.

• This aggressive behaviour is NOT acceptable!! if the situation was reversed, a guy would be charged with assault!

• Thank you

• @WhatTheHellAmy Don't really care what happens in Mexico.

• Um.. You're the cheating piece of shit.

• Aaaaaaand... that justifies assault?

• ""If you provoked it, you kinda deserve it.""

Ah, victim blaming. So do you think if a girl wears `provocative clothing and drinks alcohol`, then that means she deserves to be raped?

• @Mesonfielde At first, I thought we wouldn't get along, but I'm starting to like you now.

• You deserve it, fucking cheater.

• So, if you hurt emotionally, you'd hurt him physically? Abandon-logic-and-reason-and-go-straight-to-emotion much?

• But not one of physical threat

• I agree with @Mesonfielde. Cheating doesn't justify physical violence.

• Don't press charges. I think you should just let it go. She acted in the heat of passion. If she had been beating on you frequently through the relationship, then yeah of course press charges.

• You can attempt to press charges, but understand there's a clear possibility of getting laughed out of court and fined for wasting time.

• Violence is never acceptable. And double standards that allow women to assault men aren't acceptable, either. Did you take pictures of the marks on your face? The police might need them if you decide to press charges.

• Haha you got what you deserve.
    If I would have been here I would have probably kicked your ass right out of the house in addition.

• Lol you got what you deserve hahh 😛😛😛😛
    For playing with the girls heart!! Haha now, move on and don't be cheating on a other girl.

• Honestly, girls can get really mad over that.. especially for you cheating on her. 1st you should have not done that. 2nd if you want to press charges you can't be her boyfriend breakup! 3 understand she should have been upset. You totally lost her trust..

• But how the Hell does that justify assault?

• @AnnabelLee23 And he did pay the fine: THEY BROKE UP! Derp!

• Sooooooo, you're saying if a GUY feels angry, then it's NOT abuse if he punches her girlfriend in the face?

Is that what you're saying? Or are you going to go for the sexist route and apply double standards, claiming that "but men are generally physically stronger and therefore they can TAKE and ENDURE assault and be a MAN about it"?

@AnnabelLee23 you're being just as sexist so I'm adding you too.

• She was obviously just emotional. I would have probably done a lot more damage. She could have been jealous and wants you all to herself. Don't press charges because it will make matters worse from where I see it. If she started abusing you often and for no apparent reason then you should press charges. I hope this helps.

• Oh man sorry

• If you really want to then sure.
    In my opinion getting cheated on hurts a hell of a lot more than getting slapped in the face but the law says otherwise so whatever.

• You're the abusive one if you cheated on her. If a slap for it is all you get you should rejoice, cheating makes you deserving of hell.

• I don't see why you are trying to justify physical violence

• Your post just damaged my psyche.

• if you want to.

• Sorry you got the shit beat out of you but grow a pair and take it like a man.

• Alright, so you're a cheating dick and she's an abusive bitch. Let's move on

• you should because it's assault and you didn't appreciate that. point blank.

• You deserved that. I've been slapped harder by my mother

• yes you should

• If you're not a troll then you need to grow a pair. Sure she should not have hit you, but honestly that's kind of pathetic.

• If this was you slapping her if she cheated you would have an onslaught of people telling you that was wrong to do but because you are a man the rules shift slightly which is wrong she physically attacked you for cheating if you feel you need to press charges then do it nothing warrants violence whether it's from man or woman.

• I see what you are trying to do and it's not working. You suck at trolling. It's not even funny. It's like you even did not try

• Yes. Even something terrible like cheating doesn't excuse violence.

• You deserved to be dumped, but she should not have hit you.

If you are the same user that creates scenarios where women are the abusers (like in your other posts), then in this hypothetical situation you should leave her. No person should lay a hand on another. You did cheat, you are wrong for that, but she is wrong for punching/hitting you.

• You just keep coming with the same troll don't you?

• Don't press charges. You started that madness. Just break up with her (if she hasn't already done that to you)

p. s., this is hilarious and sad at the same time.

What type of look did she give you XD

What Guys Said 28

• Ok dude... Are you serious? I really think that I hope this is a joke. no you wouldn't be able to press charges, yes you could call the police and they'd laugh at you, it caused a red mark. maybe if she broke your eye socket you would have a complaint. you cheated on her so you're a douchebag. if it were my sister and she came and told me this I would have beaten you into a pulp. furthermore you're lucky she's not someone like my wife who would have picked up a frying pan and beaten you with it until you were unconscious. so for getting slapped and getting a red mark on your face you're lucky. as for the emotional abuse of making you cry, stop being such a baby . you cheating on her is more emotional abuse than her being mean to you. I really hope that this is a joke, or that you're 8 years old.

• cheat, get caught.. then you wanna press charges..

you're like those tough guys who instigate a fight, then run to the cops after they get their ass beat. grow up.

• Soooooo... hurt feelings means she can harm him, physically? That's real Freudian logic, right there.

• @SIGguy similar principle

• No it's not. Cheating is not illegal. The only similarity it holds is that it's morally depraved.

• Lol this is where the problem is, when she was angry and about to attack, you let your guards down.
    Even if you cheated, and you told the truth, you intentionally let her hit you, you didn't defended, you let her attack you assuming it as the punishment for the guilt you were feeling!.
    You are sinner, but you realize your guilt
    I would say, you can press charges, but people will laugh at you when they hear it you are pressing charges against a women, whom you cheated on and then she beaten the crap out of you.. Her friend was right she could have sent you to hospital, but she didn't... You broke her trust and a relationship, and there is no clue Hao wrong it will take for her to heal and fall in love again. what do you expect in return, a pizza and blow job for free.

• Not all women are like that. However it wasn't right of you to cheat on her, cheating is not a mistake it's a choice, I hope you know that right, so it's natural she will be angry with you.

• You can definitely press charges!

Although cheating is wrong, as long as you two are not married, there is nothing "illegal" about cheating, so she has no legal ammunition against you... but u have PLENTY against her!

Hurry up and go press charges before your red mark heals, you'll need that for evidence!

• Getting bitch slapped is tbe price of cheating. You got the balls to cheat. You shouldn't be such a pussy that you cry when you get slapped

• @Quacken morally I see where you're coming from... but legally he has all the ground.

• @Quacken No it's not. Breaking up is the price of cheating, not physical violence.

• Technically, you could. However, if you didn't need to go to the hospital, then I'd leave it alone. Besides, your bigger problem is the fact that you cheated on her. What the hell, dude? You can't honestly tell me that you didn't see this coming. You were pretty much asking for it. If you ask me, you actually deserved that abuse. It's still not right for someone to put their hands on someone else just because they are upset with them. So, yes. You could file/press charges. But you're being quite the dick by doing that, even more than you already are.

• Well of course when you are dating someone, you're pretty much expected to be having sex with only that one. // But really that lady acted violently towards you. Go to the police? Well they might wonder why there was the delay and why you didn't call them right away. That's a judgement call for YOU to decide. // In the mean time, quit seeing her and move on. Don't be dating a violent woman of course.

• Yes you should press charges. It was still physical violence. Men can't hit, and neither can women.

• You could press charges. What she did wasn't right. You may even get her convicted.

But do you really want to go to court, where she has the right to face her accuser, and where judge, jury, probably the district attorney too, and the audience will ridicule you?

• It's up to you if you want to press charges or not.
    After cheating on her, I personally think you're not worth her time but that still doesn't justify physical abuse.

• You're one special kind of stupid...

• She "stung you with her hurtful actions and her loud voice"? You "never got treated so badly"?

WTF dude? You cheated on her. How do you think SHE felt? Do you think SHE felt "stung"? Do you think she's ever "got treated so badly"?

Should she have slapped you? no. No one should ever hit anyone else.

But dude, you're living in lala land if you think you're the victim here.

• Serves you right.

• If she just broke up with him, yeah. But assault?

• @SIGguy it wasn't more than 24 hrs

• Still doesn't justify it. They're jumping your case because you're the one with a penis, which is bullshit. If it was the other way around, you'd probably get death threats, guaranteed.

• you cheated on her.. you can't take that back... did she react in the wrong way, maybe but if you were to press charges.. she's got mitigation to factor in. getting her charged after cheating on her would be like stealing an idea an getting paid for it.

• Either this is a joke or you are a total pussy

• What a wimp. Sigh.

• You must be bored

• Emotional people react with more emotion than less emotional people, that's how people work.

Cheating on someone is deplorable, but so is physically attacking someone who isn't threatening your safety.

You both have work to do on your maturity.

• Cheating on someone is jeaopordizing her safety, how do we know if he used protection and didn't have sex with her after he contracted an STD, before telling her?

• @AnnabelLee23 What someone's safety has anything to do with the subject matter at hand, I don't know. But ya know, logic is the root of all evil.

• @SIGguy Logic is the root of misery, not evil, and that's only if you get too obsessed with it.

Without logic, there can be no reason.

• nigga you gay?

• You're lucky she didn't kill you (and you would have deserved it too).

• You sound like a giant vagina

• Press charges, bitch is crazyass psycho

• you cried? come on dude

• You cheated... you deserve whatever happens to you, to be honest.

• You could press charges, yes.

• no, you're a man take it.

• I don't agree with violence or cheating.

• Omg your such a pussy! 😂😂