Why don't girls tell they have a boyfriend soon as possible, by bringing it up in conversation so a guy know and does not waste his time?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, this really grinds my gears as well. If the guy (or girl in your case) has someone and is flirting back, they should probably state they are with someone so I'm not wasting my time.

I don't do this, because it irritates me. I'm guessing if a woman does this, she might just want or like the attention.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, girls like to get some attention. So, when they see a person interested in her, she feels really happy about it. She doesn't want to ruin it by exposing the fact that she already has a boyfriend.
    Girls, they feel really happy when someone ask her out or tell her " I love you". It means so much for them, seriously.

Another option could be that she doesn't want to reveal her situation with her boyfriend to the public. By that, I mean she wants that the fact that she has a boyfriend remain a secret so no one will tease her on that because she doesn't like that. Something alike..

What Girls Said 7

• Because not everyone is as arrogant as to assume just because a man is talking to you that he is romantically interested in you. If he doesn't come up in conversation then why mention him?

• Actually it should of come up I actually asked how are you spending this Christmas or what are you going to be up to? no mention of the boyfriend. I asked this before I asked her out to see if she has a boyfriend. So he should of been mentioned.

• Asker and @CoolSky101 no, we do not have a duty to report to you our relationship status.

Why don't you just immediately?

• *ask immediately

• This is my experience: whenever I bring it up right away, the guy almost always gets defensive and turns around with: "Don't flatter yourself, I wasn't even hitting on you! Not every guy who talks to you wants to get in your pants!"

So I wait for him to do something completely obvious.

• he was hitting on you but just did not want to admit it so he become all defensive because you told him he cannot be with you and that hope is all is dashed, if is was not true and he was not hitting on you would not become defensive as there are no feelings there.

• Thank you @desidoll.

• Welcome :)

• Hahahah, I don't understand what guys want from us. Some guys even get offended when we tell them soon that we have boyfriends. They say that the girl is being arrogant thinking that every guy wants her.

And maybe these girls are just being friendly to you, not looking to date you. Don't be offended because you've "lost a chance". If a girl is coming onto you sexually or asking you out on a date, and she never said anything about her boyfriend, then yes, THAT'S a problem.

• She likes the attention.

• thank you, I was chatting to this girl got on really well, she never mentioned him, only mentioned an ex so I thought she was indicating that she was single, I eventually asked her out, thinking that she was single felt really good to ask her out even though she told me she had someone, I would prefer if women would causally just bring it up if we are new to one another just once sentence like I what where you upo this weekend, reply I saw the star wars with my boyfriend, there done, but they know the commutation will stop, so I come to the realisation its better to ask sooner and not delay and not invest to much time and become to emotionally attached without asking

or could it be that her boyfriend is shit and seeing if I am a possibility?

• If that were the case, she'd tell you her boyfriend was a shit.

• I don't usually talk about my boyfriend unless it comes up in conversation. If you want to know if a girl has a boyfriend, just ask her directly.

• that does not happen in reality, if you ask directly cards are shown.

• Cards are shown? What does that mean?

• Simple if you want to know is she has a boyfriend ask her right away :p

• Because they usually get mad and say something like "okay, I didn't ask you that." So, I usually just look at it as making a new friend and wait for them to ask or say something where I need to let them know. However, every guy I told I had a boyfriend did not care and still continued to try to get me.

• then you know they will not even make a good friend by telling them they have a boyfriend, and should tell them I no longer want to be friends. You do not just bring it out of the blue, when your around another female discuss it with her in front of him so that he knows. or drop it in. so he know where he stands.

• If he's looking to be in a relationship with me he should ask whether I'm taken or not. Otherwise how am I supposed to know his intentions?

What Guys Said 5

• Scenario 1
    -"So do you wanna go out some time?"
    -"I have a boyfriend."
    -"Wow, conceited much? Jesus I was just being friendly, no need to bring up you fucking boyrfiend, self centered bitch.

Scenario 2
    -"So do you wanna go out some time?"
    -"I have a boyfriend."
    -"Wow you could have said that earlier, I just wasted my time with you. Fucking attention seeking bitch."

You see what I'm getting at? More often than not guys will complain that girls say it too son or too late. It's kind of our own fault. (well it's the fault of the dickwads who can't take a no actually but whatevs)

• This guy gets it ^

• @Thisdudehere you are exactly right, but you forgot scenario 3.

Guy: "so do you wanna go out some time/ can I get your number?"
      Girl: "Sorry, I have a boyfriend"
      Guy: "bullshit, I don't believe you"
      Girl then feels forced to show a personal picture on her phone, of her and her boyfriend, to a guy she doesn't know, just so he will piss off and leave her alone.

• @abacaxi84 didn't imagine that happening too lol

• I have wondered the same. It's quite annoying, to be honest. It seems like girls do this on purpose, to waste guys' time.

• Hey bro... a guy and a gil can be friends too...

• Either they're lying and are using it as a sort of 'bitch defense' system or that they're not committed in the relationship for long and he's sort of an afterthought.

Either way, I don't deal with women who say that. If she's into me she wouldn't need to even bring it up.

• Probably because they like the attention

• You don't think that maybe she is still just dating people? I like it back in the days when people were either married (taken) or not married (single) . It is hard to defined relationships today.