Would you date an asexual?

I don't think I could do that. I mean, I may like that person, male or female, but I can't have a long-term relationship witn no sex. It's important to me. And it's a nice thing to have sex with someone you love. I wouldn't like it if my partner felt no attraction to me.

Though, if they're just not ok with the penetration part, it could maybe work out. But if they're the kind of asexual who can't even sleep in the same bed with another person, there's no chance.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm asexual. Asexuals can and do engage in sex. Just because they don't get anything out of it doesn't mean they will deny their partner.

What Guys Said 12

• That is a very good question. I don't know. I would expect to get physical at some point and if she won't have it, then what's the point?

• This question is kind of contradicting.. Wouldn't you agree? LOL. I thought asexuals don't date.

• I've heard that they do but some don't bother because their SOs might have a problem with their orientation

• @onepeaceoflove I can't. It's in our biology. We all have sexual urges. Someone with 10 level testosterone rating is going to eventually want to fck somebody. It's all bullshit. They are most likely emotionally scared and don;t like the consequences that come along with making love. I think therapy should be sought out before claiming the title Asexual lol.

• You know how sometimes you look at someone and feel romantically attracted to them but sometimes without thinking of them in a sexual way at certain times?

That's how it is for asexuals. They can be romantically attracted to someone but not sexually. They still need love and affection minus the sex.

• I would. I'm okay without sex myself. I have a pretty high sex drive, but I think sex is just a bonus to a relationship.

• Some asexual are willing to have sex so I'd date one of those ones.

• I couldn't do that at all

• Nope, I need to know that they feel the same way as I do about them.

• No because at some point it's just natural to have the attraction

• All asexuals are in fact pansexual, trust me

• How? ? ?

• They once were open to all genders and sexual preferences and then they got bored of it

• Uhm, I'm just assuming this is a joke

• There is no point, asexuals have no need nor desire to date anybody.

• You're talking abour aromantic. Asexuals date.

• No, platonic is not a relationship without sex. It's when you like someone but only admire them from afar. It's not having a relationship. Like a crush.

• Ok, so what kind of relationship without sex do you mean instead of Platonic?

• I NEED sex.

• Yeah I would, I don't care about sex.
    And just cause someone is asexual it doesn't mean they won't have sex with you

• I wouldn't simply...

What Girls Said 16

• I could date an asexual if we had a very close and loving relationship in every other aspect. I personally feel like I'm mildly asexual as I've never had a high sex drive and not much turns me on. I value an emotional/mental connection with a person and having someone to experience life with much more than any amount of sex someone could possibly give me.

• No way, relationship without sex just wouldn't work out for me. I don't see the point.

• YES I WOULD!

• Simply because I don't know if its just me or my depression but to me sex isn't as important as having My SO as a friend a bestie! Someone who helps me grow and vise-versa!

• No I would not.

• im waiting till marriage so i don't mind through the relation ship but once i get married im gonna want to sooo... that would be hard... like people view me as asexual cause i'm very good at hiding my sexual emotions and dodging sex but in reality im very "seductive" im a DL freak waiting to explode for the "right guy" aka whoever marries me

• I dont know much about asexuality. Do they desire relationships just as much as everyone else even? But no, based on what I know and what you said... I couldn't handle a marriage or serious relationship without the sex.

• I don't really think that would be fair to either one of us. I'd always be wanting more from him and he wouldn't be able to deliver.

• I would really like an active and good sex life. So, that would be very difficult.

• Not way. I want to have a standard traditional couple and sex is important. Plus, I want babies,

• You can put their sperm inside your vagina without having sex. Or they can take it for just one time.

• It only treats the "babies aspect " though... I don't want to miss out on sex.

• Nope, I could not. I'm a sexual person, no need to say more

• I couldn't do it either. No sex is just such a no go tbh..

• Well, I myself am one, so naturally my answer is yes... Though being asexual only means one isn't sexually attracted to others, and for some it doesn't really have to do with the desire to have sex...

• No sorry. Sex is very important to me. I'd assume he is incompatible with me.

• I think I could currently because I am a virgin and plan on being one until I find love. I don't know about forever though and I get why it would be kind of difficult. I don't know much about asexuals so would they just NEVER have sex?

• Yes, I would.

• Well I think I might be bi-curious so if it were an asexual girl, that'd be great. (I don't want to have sex with girls, because anything but penetration seems disgusting) but i'd date one, kiss one etc.