He said he loves me and it's only been a month?

So I suck so bad at this. He told me that he loved me and I didn't say it back I said why. Bad idea but I still want to be with him I am just not ready to say it yet. He got upset and just keeps asking to forget about it. I told him that I like him but I'm not ready blah. Should I be freaked out or just try to forget it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Been in love twice.
    First I knew I loved the girl after the first few hours. Genuinely knew it. We're not talking about some intense desire to hump her leg.
    Second time I took several months getting there.

I'd take it as a compliment and let it rest. Don't hold the affection back too much if you really like him though. He'll obviously be in a somewhat vulnerable spot now. Maybe do some extra nice gesture to show him you like his feelings? 20 year olds usually cook mean spaghetti.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be very wary of a person that confesses too soon. Most of the time it's not genuine or he's obsessed. Either option is not good.

What Guys Said 8

• Don't say it if you don't want to, but don't ask him why. First off, explaining why you love someone cheapens the feelings. Secondly, he knows there's no way to explain it that will satisfy you, and that makes it feel like an impossible situation. Just tell him you're not ready to say it yet but you want to keep seeing him.

• I think explaining that you like him but you're not yet ready to say "I love you", like I think you are saying you did, is adequate. So maybe perhaps with time your relationship will evolve to the point where you can say it. I'd say relax and see where it goes from here.

• Yes, I also think it's too early. You should take your time, you should only say it when you believe it is the right time and situation to do so.

• Why are you afraid of your emotions?

• Is this someone who you've just met a month ago or someone who has known you a long time?

Anyway, some people know when they know and aren't afraid to express it.
    I wouldn't worry about him saying it again for awhile anyway.

• why are those the only to options?

• Girl drop him quick you just have some bomb ass pussy. He's pussy whiped now run.

• Well, if you don't like him, then just tell him you don't like him.

What Girls Said 3

• Nowadays, people tend to say "I love you" and not actually mean it. If you don't want to say it then please don't think that it's not okay. You're just being honest. And girl, I felt this way too. You don't want to offend him but you just want to make sure its the right time.
    Maybe he said it because he thinks its okay to say it at this point. That's okay too, but try explaining to him why you said "why". It'll make more sense to him lol

• Don't ask him why, but if you don't want to or you don't feel it, you don't have to. And really, people shouldn't say I love you unless they mean it/feel it. Don't feel pressured or let him pressure you. Just tell him you're not ready to or you don't want to, whatever it is. And along with that you can tell him that you do want to be with him. It shouldn't become a big deal or create unnecessary issues.

• One month is early. İ would be freaked out too. Just tell him how you feel. Want some time.