I have a boyfriend but when in need of money I do escort work is it wrong?

I have a boyfriend whom I love very much. Sometime money is tight and I do escort work on the side. He doesn't know of it and I feel extremely guilty. I once asked him if he would mind if I became a stripper he said "no baby as long as your coming back home to me I don't mind." I know it's wrong of me to be doing this but the only real reason I do it is because of money not because I like to or because I'm sexually attracted to the men (definitely not)

Most Helpful Guy

• I must admit I would find it very difficult to cope with but if you really need the money and there is no other option financially, I would try to understand.
    If my girlfriend raised the issue of becoming or being a stripper/ an escort, I would sit down with her and go through every option. If we reached the conclusion that there was no other option we would just have to move forward but if there was other options, it would be a dealbreaker.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats definitely wrong, and you shouldn't ruin yourself like that. I'm not talking about your escorting thing, but about the fact that you are hiding things from your boyfriend.
    Guilt is just gonna eat you up.
    If you're serious about this guy, you definitely don't want to ruin the good relationship because of some extra cash. Maybe you should try to talk about it with him. Don't tell him that you already did it, just talk about the fact that you must do it. That way you can both agree to something.

What Guys Said 18

• I'm going to say something and it's going to take you years to process, comprehend, reject, get angry with, accept, and heal from...

You are trafficked.

I'm involved in ministering to victims of sex trafficking and I'm not here to judge you. My heart bleeds for you and every girl (and guy) living imprisoned in a cycle that you cannot see and feel like you can't escape from. Darlin', this may be your normal, but it isn't normal.

I will never know what it's like to walk in your shoes, but I can tell you I know what it's like to walk down a path of regret and feel like there's no escape or turning back...

There 'is' a way out. I'm going to say it, and you're not going to like hearing this, but in time you may need to grow past your boyfriend in order to escape. (I had to do this too with a girlfriend.) Because no man worth having is ever going to sit by and allow you to be continually broken by this. A man who loves you will sacrifice everything to rescue you, but at the same time set boundaries you have to meet.

Darlin', I want you to know that there is a God who has loved you your whole life. And this was never the plan he had in mind for you. To Him, you are more precious than all the gold, silver, and jewels in the world. No matter how good and complete this and previous relationships may make you feel, you've been running in vain from the one relationship that isn't empty.

Jesus died to pay for the sins of mankind. You may not understand what that means, but know that all you have to do to be redeemed is to surrender your life to Him and call him Lord of your life. To lay your faults down that feel like stains on your life, and you will be washed white as snow.

The sacrifice has already been made... He's just waiting on you.

There are support groups to help with your situation emotionally, spiritually, and with resources. There are also lifestyle careers to get out of the life you're in: The military, working on cruise lines, the Peace Corps, and resort staff. Those may not be long-term solutions, but they can get you on your feet and away from life, location, and people that will drag you down.

May God bless you and bless your feet on the path that lays before you! Please reach out to me if you want to talk about any of this. I will make time.

-Ben

• No. If you were an actress and there is a sex scene, would you not do it because of your boyfriend? If you were one of those pharmaceutical saleswomen trying to charm doctors into a deal, would you stop your work?

Sex work is work. It's a lot more honest than people trying to sell other things and include the teasing and the sex as freebies. A lot of people trying for a shot at fame already roll from. one bed to another. There is even some sort of trading of fame seeking girls in Japan between producers and famous/powerful people.

Sex work is honest work. You never claim it to be something else. What you did with your client is like a waitress serving a table.

• Wow. I don't know where to start with this one. So is money that important to you? Like I would be homeless and not eat over doing something like that and would expect the same from any girl I was with. I mean a stripper is one thing since it is pretty much just dancing naked for perv's money. But escort work is on a completely different level. It is just made worse by the fact that you are withholding such information from him. I mean not only are you cheating on him, it is with random men. I mean you are also potentially putting his health at risk without him knowing. If this was me and I ever found out, I would end it right there no second guessing about it. I mean you are cheating on him, pretty much lying to him and endangering him.

• I'd like to be a fly on the wall when he finds out.

• If the two of you are OK with it then it doesn't matter what anyone thinks

• Seeing as he doesn't know about it yeah you're cheating on him...

• That's cheating and you know it. If you need to hide it from your guy you know it's wrong.

• Your guy is ok with u being an escort... u have nothing to worry about. Just go by a fake name to protect your identity.

• It's none of my concern but this is some fucked up shit. I would take on more hours or second job, but never let my girlfriend do this shit.

• If he's not aware of you doing this, then yes it's cheating

• its worse than you can imagine for him

and yes its wrong unless he signed up for an open relaitnohip

• WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

• Cheating is wrong even if you're just doing it for the money

• You're soooo nasty

• Why not just be a stripper full time then?

• Being an "escort" means it's your choice... you get paid to escort the person not sleep with them

• he said its okay to strip, not have sex with strangers. Think about all the diseases you could be catching and giving to him. its not right and he deserves to know.

• nice try troll -_-

What Girls Said 6

• Well, what you're doing is cheating so, yes it is wrong. If he knew about it and was okay with it then that would be different. What he said about stripping does not count since a lot of times, people may say one thing hypothetically speaking but feel differently if it were to actually happen. So, you should be honest with him and then let him make the choice to decide if he is wants to break up with you because of it or if he will be okay with it.

• I'm not judging you for escorting however I can only probably tell you that it's going to get harder to hide from him, and lying to him about your where abouts etc. Even though he said that doesn't necessarily mean its true if he's given the actual situation, just be honest and if you're not going to be honest. Choose one

• Chiquita Banana, this is cheating and wrong and you know it. Even if it is just for money, he deserves to know if you really do love him.

Get a job though. Lots of places hire bartenders or waitresses.

• He should know about it, or else it's technically cheating in a way.

• Thats extremely wrong. Thats cheating. You have to be a pretty low person for that

• I mean if he's ok with u being a stripper then I'm sure he's ok with u being a prostitute