I really want PDA but he doesn't like it?

Here's the thing, to me touching and cuddling and such are everything. I can barely keep my hands off my boyfriend but he despises PDA. (im not talking making out dry humping pda, im talking hand holding) To me it always looks like a sign that he's ashamed of me or something, he says he's not, but it still doesn't sit right with me. I don't feel loved unless he shows physical affection, and when he even refuses to hold my hand in public and calls me clingy for putting my head on his shoulder, I can't help but feel like a burden. He says nobody needs to know if we're dating or not, its not their business, but I want everyone to know because it feels good to not be constricted around him in public or not. What do I do? This is really upsetting me and its been a topic of numerous conversations.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ignore people telling you to break up. Christ, do people not attempt to work on their relationships at all anymore?

Understand this: you have different communication styles and different ways of expressing love. PDA doesn't express love to him... and if you get dramatic about it, he will think you're insecure.

So, find out his love style, and try to fulfill that. In turn, he should do the same... let him know you just like it and it makes you feel good. Don't be dramatic and say something stupid like "it makes me feel like you don't love me."

What Guys Said 2

• If he doesn't like it, don't force it

• I refuse to PDA my girl because she was involved with someone in the same class...
    I dont want to be seen with a slut... sorry but thats just me...

What Girls Said 2

• You really have to think about if this is something you want to make an argument about, you have to pick your battles. This was like my ex, and eventually I just got use to it, then sometimes I would try to hold his hand and he responded! You just have to takes word really, however the whole head on his shoulder if you're laying down is perfectly normal even girls do it to their guy friends. Indeed, its no ones business but you're entitled to want to display how you want

• then find a new boyfriend. why should he have to change. you're just not compatible